who builds big skimmers

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Naso2

triggerfish
I am looking for a 48"-72" tall skimmer with a capacity for 700-1200 gallons. Who can build one that big. I can buy a new one for $650 but I am looking for something locally made. I know this isn't the classifieds but if you know of a builder or are one please contact me. Also if you are know how to find a life reef 48", 60", or 72" please contact me.

Do you mind to share where can you buy a new skimmer that size for $650? I'm also thinking of buying one in the near future.

Do you mind to share where can you buy a new skimmer that size for $650? I'm also thinking of buying one in the near future.

I too, would like to see this 4'-6' skimmer for that price.

What type of skimmer are you looking to have built?
If you can provide some more details, I can PM you a ballpark figure.

What size diam?

I am talking to a gentleman in NC who bought a bulk order of aqua C skimmers. I met him through RC. He has 2 left I will see if the other one is spoken for yet for you Brady.

As for a custom one here are my musts
4-6ft
6-8 in diameter
Sturdy base
External
Able to handle 1500-2500gph
Self sustained air system

This skimmer is 54'' tall X 12'' diam. coned to 6'' neck. Counter current air driven by Alta 65 air pump with 3. 6'' Boss Hog ceramic stones. Build in my shop.

There is near $400 just in acrylic. Add labor, pump, and stones.
I think the one you are looking at for $650 is a screaming deal.

A skimmer that is 4-6 ft tall, you don't need to list "external" as one of the requirements buddy :) ..jk... I was thinking it should be at least 16" diameter.... what about the footprint?

Peppie $650 doesn't include pumps or a collection cup so I would like to see what you can do basicly a life reef 60". How much in acrylic and labor.
Brady I checked with my guy and the other one went quick all he has is a couple 24" and a monster 6ft 30" diameter that is $2000. I just hope he will be willing to ship it to WA at my expense.

That is what I was thinking, you can't really beat that price....thanks for checking buddy....wow..I really want to see that monster in person. .. but for that kind of prices, I would have checked with our local sponsors first and see what they can build you with that much of money...

Back