Who Makes Custom Glass Tanks?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

chend2

Achilles Reef Nugget
Hey I looking for a simple custom glass tank. 36x36x24 But I don't wanna get it from glass cages cause they don't really ship tanks that big. Anyone local do that kinda thing? Or even better who sells well cut plate glass and I can silicon the bad boy myself :).

Thanks

Joel from Waves Marine down in Portland makes custom starphire tanks. He did my 30x30x24 cube and had a 36x36x24 sitting right next to mine when I picked up. I am quite happy with how everything turned out and would purchase from him again in a heartbeat.

Marineland makes a new Deep Dimension Tank - 150 gallon, 36 X 36 X 27. You can get it in standard glass or with Starphire. Any LFS should be able to order one. Jones and Company had one - It looked pretty sharp.

I paid $850 for mine (no tax in OR). I thought that was pretty good for 1/2" starphire w/external overflow. Here it is before I filled it up:
IMG_6187-Edit.jpg

I know he does 24x24x24 cubes for $600, not sure on a 36x36x24. My guess would be closer to $1000 though. I wasn't impressed with GC's silicon work and Aquarium Obsessed was the next option at $1300. He does great work and the glass has a really nice beveled and polished edge. Great work for the price.

Back