who says that angels cant co-exist?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

balogh03

I am not a camera man:p , but some day i will learn! Anyways, i just wanted to let some of the people that dont think angels can live together some proof that they can. they are not very good pictures but you can get the drift that a queen, bluering, and flame can be great freinds. they are also in a reef tank aswell! I have had the flame for about 2 years, the queen for about 6 months, and just got the bluering about a month ago.
View attachment 13645 View attachment 13646

Yeah man its been no problem for me either. Its all in how its done. I have a picture on here somewhere of 5 different angels in one tank. They all got along just fine as long as everybody remembered the blueface was boss. LOL

nice maroons.. i am thinking about getting a pair of the yellow striped ones myself

I dont know about the queens, I have never kept on in a full blown reef.
Here is all the knowledge I have and it is only my experience. YOU may get totally different results.
OK
Blueface, and Emperor angels eat zoos like popcorn.
Majestic seem to leave everything alone.
Regals seem to leave pretty much everything alone.
Flames seem to like to nibble on open brain corals and cynirina
I dont really have alot of trouble out of the angels. The POMA types seem to work out. The dwarfs I have tried are Pygmy, Flame, Coral Beauty, Potteri, and lemonpeel. All have done fine except for occasional nipping, but I am sure that some will eat them, and some wont. Its kind of a crap shoot. If your prepared to remove the fish or the clam or coral its ok to put angels in the reef.
Again just my experince and thats it.

like i said before, i am not a good camera man. i took these pictures this morning right after the lights turned on so nothing is open yet but i will tell you what is in it:finger leather, waving hand, colt, kenya, green star polyps, cabbage, numerous zoos, numerous shrooms, giant zoos, ricordia, brown acro, small orange monti, frogspawn, hammer, plate, and a pagota cup. i used to have a lot more in there but i put it all into the show 230.
View attachment 13662

View attachment 13663

I've had a juvenile queen and juvenile french angel together in my first ever saltwater set up. The only time I've personally ever had problems with more than 1 angel is when I tried to put 2 french angels together :shock: Nice photos:)

Back