Whos using EchoTech's Radion LED fixture?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

capdippe

I upgraded my tanks lighting 1 month ago from 3 250W halides to 3 Radion fixtures, and am having mixed feelings so far as to setting up the spectrum:juggle:. I've noticed a $50/month decrease in my energy bill, and my noisy chiller doesn't run anymore, so my wife is very happy! The fixtures are neat, clean, and out of the way, I've got them 9" off the water and have mostly been running them at the 20K spectrum at 100% for 8 hours/day, with a 1 hour ramp up period and a 1 hour ramp down period to the deep blue at 20%. I've noticed a large reduction in green algae that forms on the glass, and a huge explosion of cyano bacteria. I'd like to hear your experiences with these fixtures, and how you've had them set up, height above water, photo period, spectrum selection ect.? Thanks, Matt.

I use 2 Radion's over my 80. I love them. I can try and post my program settings later today when I get home. I've had really good luck so far. I run mine at 8" off the water and I ramped up from 30% of full intensity to about 80% now. I'm using artificial mode.

Hey would either of you be up for a little testing?? I am trying to gather up results on a variety of fixtures and have not done the Radions yet??

let me know

Mojo

Nothing just shoot me a pm and I will come out and do some light meter testing.

Mike

Current graph with spectrum settings and intensity.

Graph.PNG
8AM-Settings.PNG
2PM-Settings.PNG

great thanks! i'm also running the 14k currently for 9 hours at 100%, but every once and a while go back to the 20K for looks. I have some spots that need to be better lit, i'll try to upload a pic or two.

Thanks for the offer Chichas I got the measurements I was looking for.

Mike

I'm using three of them at the moment.

Artificial mode
12K setting, (all channels at the same level of intensity)
80% intensity level
12 hours with ramp up from moonlights to 80% over an hour, and at 80% for 10 hours, then ramp down over 2 hours back to moon lights only.
Lights are 8 inches off the surface of the water.

Nick

I'll have to go off memory but with the light 7 inches above the water and then with the meter down 10 inches it came out at 300 and then dropped alot as you went down. At 24 inches it was between the 20's and 30's. Coming off the edge by a couple of inches and at 10 to 12 inches deep it went down to the low 200's.

Mojo

I'll have to go off memory but with the light 7 inches above the water and then with the meter down 10 inches it came out at 300 and then dropped alot as you went down

so what does that mean to a lay person who wants to keep LPS and has a tank 29 inches high?

Wish someone could do that with the kessil a150(w) And a350(w). I'd be interested to see the par, And the difference

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I have one over my cube 90gal for about 6months. It's great, love it and the radion control both of my ecotech MP40W pumps too. Little prices but great costumer support from ecotech.

Oh ok So one radion should do good over my 28 gallon cube. But how high over the tank should I put it. Taxes are coming ;-)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Back