Why ME....!!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

blk822822

It's only money, RIGHT?
I recently lost some zoas to melting. I dipped all that I could and most survived after the dip. At the frag swap this weekend I was pretty broke and only bought 2 frags from Lorrie (zoas) and brough them home and did a dip and put them in the tank on a rock with some hole for the frag plugs. After about a hour or 2 they started to open ,I was happy. then another hour latter I go to check on them and there on the sand bed. So I placed them back on the rock and made sure they were on there good and wedged into some gaps in the rock. An hour latter back on the sand bed. So I figure I have a fish that dosn't like them where they where , so I moved them to another location. Hour latter , back on the sand. I was getting mad. I moved them again and this time one was dumped on top of my mini maxi carpet. So I took them off the frag plugs and glued them to the rock work. Next morning one is on the sand bed again. I reglued it and now it hasn't moved but they look terrible and arn't opening. I think the chong bongs are dieing now. And the other is still not open. I'm about done with this stuff happening. O and today (tuesday) I found my flower petal Monti removed for it's rock and on top of my red monti. This stuff makes me want to quit this hobby again. O yea, and this morning I found my scooter blenny(dragonett, thats has stopped eating frozen) half way inside one of my mini maxi carpets, and barely alive. Of course it was going to die ,so I removed it from the tank.

sounds like you may have a rogue crab in your tank moving stuff around

That would by my thought too.

OH, you have a six line wrasse too don't you. They may knock things over going after food. Also peppermint shrimp if you have any. They live in those holes you probably stuck the frags in and they pushed them out. Good rule is glue everything down and glue them well!
Well except for the poor scooter blenny. Just not good to have a carpet type anemone with them or mandarins or other perching fish.

do i night hunting opp for the crab,

here was my hunt as follows

Time line of events....
4:15am crab located....
4:20 crab attempts to relocate my torch coral....
4:29 crab has a small innocent piece of acro in its clutches...

4:30 crab assassinated, hostage acro saved.
4:31 peppermint shrimp has breakfast.

... A good way to start the day....

i have had frags disappear and it is frustrating, Keep us posted and hope all works out!

I know it was a fish that was doing it. I think it was my sailfin tang, it's hyper. I moved the corals from one end of the tank to the other and a crab or shrimp wouldn't have gone that far so fast. Alls glued down now.

The scooter was a great fish and never went by the nems. When I got him he would eat frozen foods and even some pellets. But after a few months it decieded it wouldn't eat it any more. So it has been getting skinnier and skinnier by the day. I think it was dieing and got to close to the nem. It was half way down the nems mouth when I found it and in super bad shape , only able to breathe.

The chong bongs are gone today, just the little rock it was growing on is left and the other one still is closed. I'm just frustated with the whole reef thing right now.

Do you remember what the other ones are, that are closed?
are they under led's and how close to the lights are they? I kept them at 20" under led's set at 70% and in moderate flow.

you let me know when your ready and I will get you some more chong bongs.

I have them under T5's and about 16" down. I think they got messed up from all the drops to the sand bed and the one drop into the nem. Don't worry about giving me more I'm done with zoas for awhile. Almost ready to tear down the tank.

Leave them in there man, I had a group of 4 gorilla nipples that melted down to basicly nothing about a month ago.
I just left the frag in there.. Now 3 of them are making their way back
I hope you have better luck and find the culprit. Dont give up

Back