Will this work??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

as1720

Female Hermit crab
OK now im starting slow.. really i am...but i have the money so i want to buy the light while i have it.

So i would like to in time get some anemnes. So i want to buy a good lighting system for my 29 gal tank. I cant pay out the yoo hoo for top of the line but i want something that is going to work well with whatever needs high lighting.

Would this work its a 30" Metal Halide Aquarium Reef HQI Lighting PC 38W????

Features

29.50” x 15” x 3”
Supports 1x 250W HQI double ended lamp
Supports 2x 65W compact fluorescent lamp
Supports 4x dual Bluemoon LED
Individual power cords for each function
External HQI controllers
Internal compact fluorescent ballasts
Non-corrosive powder coated aluminum housing
Heavy duty cooling fans
Tempered glass splash guard
Mounting legs
Straight pin compact fluorescent sockets
Double Ended HQI sockets
Highly polished reflector

And comes with the set up for free

FREE 1 x 250W 15000K HQI Lamp
FREE 2 x 65W Actinic Blue Compact Fluorescent Lamps
FREE 4 x Dual Bluemoon LED
FREE 1 x Mounting bracket

All for $200. Good deal with it work well?

if you go for the clean look, definately. i....f your a decent handyman and want to save a couple bucks you can retro a canopy with used equipment inside, knowing that someday you can take it apart and use it for the upgrade tank in the future :)
. ...thats if you have the patience for used equipment , sometimes when your looking for something its never around, and when you just got that new toy for regular price, someone here is selling it at a discount.

It doesnt say who its made by. its on ebat for $209. they have 98% positve feedback

Its most likely a Hommby, odyssea, jebo, which there all pretty much the same. You'll most likely have ballast problems with the MH as most do. You can replace it with another ballast for 100bux and it'll work like a champ. HTH

Back