Witch Controllor system to by

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

daza

Any advise, Looking to by a Aquamedic AT-Control. or the Aquatronica SYSTEM. the aqua is a lot moor money. any advise.:confused:

What are do you want to control? If it is just cooling and heating look into the Ranco controller 2 stage for around $125.00. It is a industrial heating/cooling controller, have been using one for about 6 months, very happy with it.

I think if you like gizmos the aqua controller is the best bang for the buck. I would'nt use one controller to control everything. I know there are alot of folks that do it, and there are alot of failures because of it. I would stick with a good industrial control for heating and cooling like the ranco mentioned above. Aquarium controlers are nothing more than elcheapo microcontrollers with a user friendly interface.
Keep in mind we use alot of industrial converted equipment on our tanks. If you have a tiny tank with little aquarium equipment they are fine. If you have a high dollar sps tank with alot of powerful equipment there is no way I'd use a aquarium controller.

Don

I debated between the Neptune Acqua Controller 3 and the ReefKeeper 2. I went with the Nepture AC3 because of the Internet Access and greater flexiblity. But, it does take time to use the AC3 effectively, since many feature are not intuitive. Once setup, it does work great.
The other factor is price with the AC3 being considerably more expensive. Neptunes support is very good. I wanted to buy locally, which was the main consideration for the ReefKeeper 2, but it has substantially less features that were important to me.

Thanks for some advice, just been reading about the Profilux system? looks a nice kit.

Don W you are right about the aquarium controllers with over 30 + years working with industrial controls most are stand a lone but thay can talk to each other.No way would a 1000 ton chiller have just one controller.

Back