Wp40 worth a try?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

matts125

They seem to have good reviews but with past experiences anything like this made in China has been little more than junk. If they work well and are reliable I may settle for them over the mp40 due to its cost. $500 for a power head is a lot to swallow however $95 for the wp40 seams so cheap I'm not sure I trust it!

Thanks in advance!

i've had mine for almost a year, and i really like it. its doing all auxilary to the overflow/return flow in a 75. runs quiet, and has been reliable. for the less than 100 i spent, if i had to replace it every couple years, i'd find that acceptable.
depending on your needs if you decide to buy, check out fish street as they offer a linkable controller for them and sell a apckage with 2 pumps and the controller. (theres a 10/25/40 and 60 i believe)

Don't forget about the cost of changing out the wet side for the MPs every 2-3 years, which cost approximately $100.

Even if you needed to buy a new WP40 every 2 years, it would still be a lot cheaper than buying MP40 initial cost + cost of wet sides every ~3 years. You would not break even at the 25 year mark.

I love mine. They are a little bit louder than my $300+ each Tunze's but I have no complaints.

I've been using two WP40's for almost a year with no complaints at all, so last week decided to give the JBwave controller a try..

I've only had it for a few days, but is easy to use and didn't take long to download the drivers and have it hooked to my laptop. What's cool is you can try different wave/reef modes while linked to your computer, you just sit there and watch to see if that's what you want.. then unplug the usb when you're done. I'm still experimenting with all the settings, but so far very happy with it.

I have the wp10 package controller on backorder for my 30g cube. Hard to sit by idly and read about 92cg60's experiences.

Another concern I had is voltage leaks. Anyone ever had or heard of issues with them leaking voltage?

Another concern I had is voltage leaks. Anyone ever had or heard of issues with them leaking voltage?

I haven't. Not going to link it or anything, but I think the thread on RC for these is at least 40-50 pages. I haven't been through all of it, but scanning through might be helpful...

Had mine for a year on 75Gal, still pumps water. Has everything I need in a wave pump.

Mine is been running for over 5 months without any issues, knock on wood he he he , I love it, super quiet, I'm thinking of getting a wp60 soon

Just added my second mp40 to my 90. First one has been running for about a year. They are a little noisy at first, but break in and quiet down. Insane amount of water movement though, and like the fact that they communicate with each other wirelessly. I've tried plenty of less expensive ppower heads and they just don't last, water flow is also nowhere near the same.

Back