Wrasse laying on the sandbed

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Raamiah

Hey all,
I have a McCoskers Wrasse that I have had since the fall (September I believe) and it has been doing great. Eating well and has even doubled in size since I got it.

However, starting on Monday, maybe Sat or Sun (it's my office tank so I don't see it on most weekends) my wrasse started hanging out on the sand bed of the tank. It's now Thursday and its still there.

It has been eating still when it's feeding time and the colors on it look great. There are no signs of ich or any lesions.

I don't know if my coral beauty is picking on it or just checking it out because it isn't chasing it around the tank or attacking it but yesterday it did go up to the wrasse every so often and swim by it and the wrasse would then swim up in the water column until the angel went away and then would lay back down.

Water parameters are all in check and I'm going to do a 20% water change tomorrow anyway just in case there's something that's bothering it.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? I'm concerned about this little guy and would like to see him swimming around and flashing like it used to do.

Aggression by another fish can be just the body mechanics of a more assertive fish. There does not need to be nipping or chasing to intimidate are more passive fish. Fins displayed widely sends a message too.

If the CB is a newer addition this would certainly be something to consider.

Perhaps the Wrasse more space and the Angle needs more territory.

Back