Wrasse.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

timberwollf

Well this past weekend we bought a Wrasse and at first all he did was swim up and down the tank and now all he does is hide inside the live rock is this normal for this type of fish , when does it eat?

It is normal for certain types of wrasse to hide alot, but it isn't for them not to eat. To further help you we will need a little more info:
-what kind of wrasse is it
-what are you feeding
-what are the other tankmates
-give us some general info on your tank

This should get a good start to help.
Good luck :)

-augustus

its a 6 line Wrasse, tank mates are 2 clowns, 1 mand, 1 lawnmow blenny, 1 porcpine puffer, when i first put him in the tank he ate like crazy, i cant think of the name of it its shrimp tho, he's in a 47 gal tank with 27 lbs of live rock

Kinda risky putting a 6 line and a mandarine in the same tank. Its possible the puffer could be picking on him but not that likely. The 6 line I had in the past would doing his own thing most of the day, somewhere in the rockwork but always came out to eat.

New fish often tell us about water quality. I would start there. You can try feeding brine and I would offer Nori, especially since you have that blenny. Good luck.

Oh sorry, I should clarify. I only say its ricky putting the mandarine and the wrasse in the same tank because they both eat pods and not because they would fight or anything.

Back