yellow gobie

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

carolgyrl1

I am trying to figure out if this fish is acting normal, or if it is ill. I just got a yellow gobie, a couple of days ago. went into hiding for a couple of days, I see it out feeding today, however, it is cruising the top of the aquarium pacing back and forth, it is an adult, I do see some small dark areas in a couple of places on its body. I don't know if this is how the fish looks normally, hwat is the behavior of this fish? Should it only be at the bottom of the tank? I only have oeaceful fish, I don't see any aggression, but it could be subtle, I guess. Do I have to run and get a pistol shrimp for it?

I noticed mine does the same thing every time I move it into a new tank or change his aquascape. I notice mine swims around at the top too, but only at night, once it settles in then he stays right under his rock. I did get a pistol shrimp and they seem to be rather happy. Mine also gets the black areas too from time to time, I wouldn't stress to much.

thanks, my sailfin has been bothering him some, I see, but I did put in a couple more fish, and now he is getting used to another yellow tang, so I think he forgot about the gobie!!

Back