Yellow Polyps

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Beakerbob

I was working with some unusual lights the other day and decided to experiment on the tank with them. These yellow polyps caught my eye and they were located in the right spot for me to do this.

YellowPolyps-7LOGO-MR.jpg

Nikon D70

Thanks everyone! I modified a 12 volt light and put it in a metal tube, then slipped another tube over it so that it would slide and make it longer or shorter. I put a glass lens on the end of it so that I could focus the light beam shining from the bulb onto the polyps. For this picture, I shined the light through the side of the tank so that the polyps were backlit. This darkened out everything but what the focused light beam was shining on. The backlighting also makes the yellow polyps appear to glow.

Thanks everyone! I modified a 12 volt light and put it in a metal tube, then slipped another tube over it so that it would slide and make it longer or shorter. I put a glass lens on the end of it so that I could focus the light beam shining from the bulb onto the polyps. For this picture, I shined the light through the side of the tank so that the polyps were backlit. This darkened out everything but what the focused light beam was shining on. The backlighting also makes the yellow polyps appear to glow.

WOW! and to think I could just turn on my camera and shoot it, to get nice photos like that...No wonder:doubt: (LOL)

Back