fulltank45months.jpg

fulltank47months.jpg

bta.jpg

Redid my plumbing.
plumbing2.jpg

P1010091.jpg

P1010127.jpg

Size- 40 Breeder AGA
fuge- 20 gal rubbermaid (switching to 20 high)
sump- 20 long
top off-DIY auto top off.
Lighting- Current USA sunpod 2x150w MH 18 lunar lights 9 white 9 blue.
Rock- 69 lbs (through out whole system)
Power heads- 1 KH2, and 1 Aquaclear 30
return pump- Mag 5
Skimmer- Corallife 125 Superskimmer
Fish- Yellow Watchmen Goby,yellow coris Wrasse, 2 occeralis clownfish.
Inverts- Tiger Pistol Shrimp, Green BTA
Clean up Crew- 50-60 asst snails. 10-15 asst hermits.
supplements- kent coral vite, kalkwasser mixed in with ATO

Tank looks great, Brian! Any new additions besides the light? You going to get into SPS next?
The only new addition is the capnella finger leather on the left above the hammer. Then the frogspawn. You can see the old one behind it. Yes, I am going to switch to sps. I am switching the rubbermaid out with a 20 tall. Then I am moving all my softies over to the 20. Then have the 40 sps and lps with a few softies (anthelia, gsp)

what is that nice looking yellow long fish? It doesn't look my yellow watchman goby :?

aren't you afraid that your lights will melt that rubbermaid? Always a fear of mine being a newbie.

Last edited:
That is a yellow coris wrasse (not a true Coris). In the last full tank shot on the bottom the yellow fish by the frogspawn is the yellow watchmen goby. I also just changed my avatar to a pic of my YWG.

Oh, and I am not to worried about it melting the rubbermaid because I have it sitting on PVC. I was using the legs until one of them broke.

Oh, thanks for the info.. My first sump I think is going to be a rubbermaid but I am still researching plumbing as I have never had any experience with that. My main concern is not having the seal? broken in case of emergencys. Made this stuff when I was little outside but not ON THE CARPET!!!! hehe

Just drill the container to the size you need then get the right size bulkhead and tighten it till it is really tight ( not to tight). Then plumb it like you would any regular tank.

Back