You know your addicted when:

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Reefdaddy1

Reef Geek Jedi
This was taken from Another board, Started by Labman on MR. I thought it good to post to share with you guys.

You know your addicted when you have to call a baby sitter to watch your tank when you go out for dinner.

or

Yoiu know your addicted when The number of tanks you own out number your kids and thier friends.

LOL!!!
there was a thread just like that in here it was called ... you know you're a reefer when ....:lol: .
so your tanks out numbered your kids eh :lol:

Okay, I'm addicted. just got back from a six-day RVing trip and the first thing I did was go count all my fish in all my tanks. I walked in, dropped my purse by the door and made my rounds to all the tanks... the cat waited patiently by her food dish.
Unfortunately, one is missing, and although I feel bad for him, all the other fish are fine. My daugter did a good job!

Welcome to RF Sharon! You've picked the right forum to be addicted! Hope you enjoy it here:)

OK Bob...You know your addicted when you live in the Bahamas, can see a reef whenever you want (which you don't have to take care of) and you have a saltwater tank at home that can stress you out and put a hole in your wallet sometimes:p

hey everyone I´m addicted too, I use all my free time to watch and take care of my 5 aquariums.

you know you're addicted to reef keeping when you start a thread about being addicted to reef keeping. LOL:)

You know you're addicted when shades and SPF30 are required to view your tank.

you know you're addicted when your friends, family, co-workers no longer refer to you by your given name, but just refer to you as "fish geek" and you have to seek out others like you on an internet forum just to feel normal again

You know you're addicted when you notice "one little shell" out of place in one of your your tanks! Darn those hermit crabs!

Or when your night-viewing flashlight batteries are 50% of your monthly grocery bill!

and for the DIYers:
The boss invited us out for dinner, and when we told the kids we were going out, their response was: "but dad, you never go to Home Depot on Thursdays"

You know you are addicted when the kids cry and ask if they can stay in the car when you pull into the LFS parking lot. (true story):oops:

Brenden said:
You know you are addicted when the kids cry and ask if they can stay in the car when you pull into the LFS parking lot. (true story):oops:

that is HILARIOUS:lol:

all of these are so painfully true.

I hear you. I've taken friends with me to the lfs for company... for some reason thinking they'd enjoy the trip. The last time I asked Janet to go, her response was, "How long are you going to be in there?"

I can waste a lot of time in there and not even buy anything!

I know I'm addicted because whenever I'm in the area, I have to stop by to see what they have, all the while knowing I'm maxed out on fish and inverts, can't buy anything and don't need any supplies!

My 3 year old knows all the different tangs, firefish, stars etc in the tank but not his alphabet. Yes I am addicted :)

Back