zoa problem

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

luisse25

i have some zoas that are looking weird...they went a bit tiny and they dont close at night instead they are open outward like an umbrella and it doesnt look hot....lights on same thing no changes...something is wrong...any advice?pls?:(

What are your water parameters. Any information would be useful. I am no professional but I have asked the same type of questions before and they have told me the same thing so I know that the questions are coming.

everything else is doing good,except this 6 polyps zoas...so i didnt really test my water...some of my zoas did this before and then they went back to normal so i just wanna know whats causing them to do it...any idea?im thinking about doing a water change....i will do a test tomorrow..

Well is it a piece that you just got, if so did you acclimate them properly, looking at the amount of posts you have I am assuming that you have been doing this for a while. But as you probably know improper acclimation will do that. Then there is always the placement to much water flow, too little water flow, maybe you did a light change recently. Maybe you moved them closer. This is all stuff they are going to need to know in order to help you out with the situation. I know that i have had a whole colony do that and they came right back. Post some pics. Maybe that will help us out.

ok ill post a pic tomorrow,its been in my tank for 2 months now...will post pic tomorrow that way you guys can see....thanks

Hello,
Corals with large polyps usually expand to capture food prey. Try feeding small particle foods such as cyclopeeze/rotifers. If they close and capture the food they are just hungry. Generally if it is a water parameter that is bothering them they will close up tightly and not open day or night.

HTH,
Kevin

heres a pic,getting smaller and smaller,oly this one that is doing it all others are fine....:confused: should i do a water change?i just did one 4 days ago...

Hello,
It is unlikely that a water change will help but it wouldn't hurt either. Try moving it to another location. Have you tried to feed it? My guess it's most likely a nutrition problem. Also you could try some carbon as it is possible that some compound has built up since you've had it for a couple months already.

Regards,
Kevin

hmm, mine looked like that when they were being bugged by meating eating pods. yes, meat eating pods... they do exist!

i have some like that too they are umbrella zoas very rare lol i dont know sorry

What... you don't honestly think he/she was just trying to get to that 50 post limit for the classifieds now, do you? ;)

Hahaha, this is the second thread I have told that guy to check the dates and the first thread I did point out that it was pretty obvious that he was post spamming.

I see the date and just noticed the same thing on my zoos 1/4 of the heads on my frag started and have no idea why

Back