Zoo's

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

have patience................say more about your set up........................

I HAVE A 130 GALLON TANK 6FT LONG I am running 4 -96 watt power compacts and 2- 55 watt power compacts and I feed rods food 2 to 3 times a week and I check my alk and ph and cal once a week and i also added a little iodine once a week. i ALSO RUN A PROTEIN SKIMMER.

Okay...still a little slim on the information. This is my setup, I run a 60 gallon BB with an ev-120 skimmer. lighting is 4 -54 watt t-5 lighting, 2 aquablue, 1 aquasun, 1 blue plus bulb. Lighting is on 9 hours a day. My water params are cal 450, alk 11, pH 8.3 temp 74F. I have a dolphin amp master 3400 closed loop for flow.

In my experience with zoas: the cooler the color the more light they will need and the slower they grow. It normally takes my zoas about 3-4 weeks before they will show any kind of growth.

My questions are: what color are your zoas? Where are they in the tank? (bottom,middle, top) What are your water params?

Suppling us with detailed information will let us dial in on what is probably happening in your tank.

Back