1 purple hornet sold for a lot?????

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

When the rage first started, a single polyp sold for over $300.00!!

yeah and that was long ago...still selling for a lot today..???theres still some people that pays that much?im speechless..i wish i can sell mine on ebay and sell for that much:lol:
though ph are sloooow grower...:)

They are still going for that much but only from that seller because he is the one who started the craze so you know that its from the original colony. If you see the ones sold by other sellers they don't go for as much.

They are still going for that much but only from that seller because he is the one who started the craze so you know that its from the original colony. If you see the ones sold by other sellers they don't go for as much.

Agreed. As far as zoas you don't really know you are getting the True PH if it isn't strait from the originator. There are so many simular color morphs when it comes to zoas

I wonder why ppl are still stuck on ph phase!
This are very nice zoas but i find there's alot of other prettier zoas cheap & not cheap! IMO!
With crazier color patterns!

:razz:I agree there is lots of nice cheap and expensive zoanthids, but spending that much on a ph is crazy. but i guess if you really want to up your collection you have to be willing to spend that much. some people are collectors and some are not. Gotta agree those ph, have been around for a long time, but still somewhat hard to find. supply and demand. Cool lookin':cool:

p.s. no crazier looking paly than this one:D

Last edited:
I bid $80.00 on that auction and the guy is offering Second Chance Offer because everyone above me was just jacking the price up. Seems shadey to me.

BTW: This is the originator of these zoas if you read the auction.

im happy i got mine cheeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaap!!:)and i know they are reaaal..:D
i already sold a polyp and got my money back..now for a zoa collector like me...its a good thing i got a very high end zoa now i will just use this for trading...:Dbeing it so hard to find and very expensive to buy from the originator i know theres somebody out there willing to trade:lol:
one thing for sure i know now,one the originator only sells one polyp once in a while like every 2 months because it grows slow to him....two,which makes it ph very rare...and very expensive if you only wanna buy it from the originator:)

i am just shock how crazy people buys it for a lot,which makes me think ph are really sought after.......

im here not to debate though...yeah theres a lot of nicer crazier paly cheaper out there but being a zoa collector having a treasure like purple hornets makes me really happy..if i dont have purple hornets and im really a zoa collector i may be trying to bid on that auction trying my luck to win it...or i will just dream about it......

every people have theyre liking...like if u collect chalices u spend big bucks in just 1 eye because they are tyree or le...
just my .02 cents

im happy i got mine cheeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaap!!:)and i know they are reaaal..:D
i already sold a polyp and got my money back..now for a zoa collector like me...its a good thing i got a very high end zoa now i will just use this for trading...:Dbeing it so hard to find and very expensive to buy from the originator i know theres somebody out there willing to trade:lol:
one thing for sure i know now,one the originator only sells one polyp once in a while like every 2 months because it grows slow to him....two,which makes it ph very rare...and very expensive if you only wanna buy it from the originator:)

i am just shock how crazy people buys it for a lot,which makes me think ph are really sought after.......

im here not to debate though...yeah theres a lot of nicer crazier paly cheaper out there but being a zoa collector having a treasure like purple hornets makes me really happy..if i dont have purple hornets and im really a zoa collector i may be trying to bid on that auction trying my luck to win it...or i will just dream about it......

every people have theyre liking...like if u collect chalices u spend big bucks in just 1 eye because they are tyree or le...
just my .02 cents

I totally Agree, if you want something so bad you tend to let the price go out the window. Besides you know in the long run you can make your original investment back if you really want to.

I myself would rather buy from a local / collector then off the internet unless no one has what I want.

I bid $80.00 on that auction and the guy is offering Second Chance Offer because everyone above me was just jacking the price up. Seems shadey to me.

BTW: This is the originator of these zoas if you read the auction.

Yeah, if bid that much and you get a second chance offer that means there's lots of dummy bids by the seller. dont think that many people will back up from the bid.

I totally Agree, if you want something so bad you tend to let the price go out the window. Besides you know in the long run you can make your original investment back if you really want to.

I myself would rather buy from a local / collector then off the internet unless no one has what I want.

Nothing better than seein things face to face before buying:eek:. and well proven to live:eek:. who likes lemons anyways. lol. if you really want something that will make you happy buy it, happiness doesnt have a price.:rolleyes:

collector or non collector, its always good to have a variety and a money maker. ;)

Hey lussie maybe you should frag me a polyp. I'm in Puyallup too! I can hold on to one for ya as a back up. :)

Hey lussie maybe you should frag me a polyp. I'm in Puyallup too! I can hold on to one for ya as a back up. :)

No better is you send across the state incase something happens on that side of state. It is a good back up plan so feel free to use my tank as a storage tank :::)))

Back