10 gallon finally done

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Faciosity

reefer
I used a little standard 10 gallon for a qt tank for a while, but over the last 2 months I've been converting it into a lps/softy/zoa reef. The whole idea is that my girlfriend is going to bring it to the daycare where she works, and put it in her classroom for the 1-2 year olds to stare at. Pretty much all the livestock was just extra stuff I cleared out of my main display to free up room. Didn't wanna have to get rid of some of them, so this way I kinda get to keep it. She works about 2 blocks away from where we live, so it will be an easy move and easy to take care of it, or to switch out livestock any time I want. Just using a hang on the back filter, K1 for movement, 2x screw in coralife 10 watt each 50/50 bulbs, and frequent small water changes.
16588_20100610053129.JPG

16588_20100610053503.JPG

16588_20100610053205.JPG

livestock I put in there is:
1 yellow tail damsel
1 coral banded shrimp
1 large turbo snail
a few stomotella snails and mini brittle stars
1 large head green torch
2 heads green with purple/pink tip hammer
3 heads frogspawn
2 large cabbage leathers with 4 babies
12 varieties of zoanthids/palys
small green star polyp frag
2 curly cue anemones
1 kenya tree
a few shrooms and small ricordias
candy cane with 25+ heads
1 green tip hairy mushroom

Wow! That's a lot of corals in that small space! Do you have any concerns about some of the corals stinging the others?

Yea, you gotta worry a little, but just keeping similar corals together, and dangerous ones apart isn't too hard. Check out the post with the 1 gallon vase, now that's crazy! I don't know how those corals live in such a tight space without murdering each other.
Wow! That's a lot of corals in that small space! Do you have any concerns about some of the corals stinging the others?

Back