10 inch bristleworm.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

lamonte

I have found a 10 to 11 inch bristleworm in my sand bed. I know they are beneficial to the sand, just wondering how big is to big. I have a 240 gl reef tank.

i think the ole addage of "if a fish can fit in another fishes mouth ... it will usually end up there" mgiht be words to live (or die by). have you had any mysterious diappearances lately?

I have found a 10 to 11 inch bristleworm in my sand bed. I know they are beneficial to the sand, just wondering how big is to big. I have a 240 gl reef tank.

Mine is about that size... I would say it's a large if we talking about t-shirts.

I hope its not this long:eek:
worm2nc9.jpg

I would put it back, but I am weird like that. I would probably name it and laminate a picture of him then hang it on the stand

Steve Weast had a BEASTLY one in his giant tank. Maybe 3 feet.
Actually, now that I think about it, I think it was a eunice worm. Or whatever it's called.

I hope its not this long:eek:
worm2nc9.jpg

HEY...i want royalties off of that worm pic of mine!!!!!!!! lol

1/2 of zero is probably zero though huh??

heres a little guy i found a couple of weeks ago in a new colony of zoas....that had been in my tank for a month.:eek: Note...that blue part on her butt ended up being she was pregnant. dropped a few hundred eggs in the container i was taking pics of her in. good thing i got her out. I believe steveW's worm mentioned earlier was SEVEN feet long.

eun3.jpg

DSC_8201.jpg

i had a worm that was about 10"- 12" and something long (i think it was a fire worm but don't remember)... when i finally decided to get it out, it took some serious screaming out of me :lol: to get it out .
it was gross ( my husband helped too :lol: ) .l
to me if it's that long i wouldn't trust it :p

Back