10G Sump/Fuge

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

well this is where i stand i am not able to drill anything since i am just 13. also i will need to make a stand for it.
and the last thing is i will probably get the prizm for 45 dollars. locally.

nice

i like what u did with the sand and corals it looks like it was a pro who did it.

that is a nice sump

once i get $200 in my aquarium bank i will build one.
so far i only have 75. and i still have to buy a skimmer.

I really don't know what size tank you have or what size of sump you trying to make. But here's a thought. I haven't been following this thread lately b/c I changed my mind completely. I made this for perhaps only $20-25. No drilling and it works perfectly and it is quite easy to make.

4411d1108229259-nice-cheap-diy-overflow-overflowmydry.jpg

(These of course are not my actual measurements, since my tank is a 24G AP, not a 55.)
overflow.gif

My actual fuge/sump. (All I had to do was go to Lowes and have them cut a piece of glass for me about $3) Disregard the silicone job, it's pretty bad, I had to use a razor after to try to fix it.
Picture081-1.jpg

All of them together.

Shouldn't be too hard to get this done kid.
All you need is:
1-PVC pipes (you can get it from Home Depot/ Lowes)
1-A saw (manual or electric) I just bought a small one, cheaper
1-Oatey's prime and cement solvent (they come in little cans, should find them in the pipe section)
1-Pump or powerhead
1-Pieces of cut glass to put in your sump.

Opitional- If you don't like the white color of pipe buy grey ones or buy white and buy a can of Krylon Fussion Paint and paint them (it's Aquarium safe).

NOT optional- Patience.

Hope this helps
if you need any more help, let me know.

Yuri.

nice but i have a 55g
and plus i am wanting it above the tank so that there is less of a chance of overflowing. and for that i would need to drill the tank and i dont know how or have the tools to do it so i think i will just buy it.

That's an option you could take.

Yet this system could work with the design you want. All you gotta do is put the pump in the tank instead of the sump and use gravity to feed water back to the tank. Easy, simply and inexpensive.

Just to keep you calm, I have tested the stated design above for power failures and no overflow happened.

If you can check out this thread for more info.
http://www.3reef.com/forums/i-made/nice-cheap-diy-overflow-29396.html

well anyways i will have to keep this in mind untill my dad lets me mess with the tank more since i have cause 3 floods in 1 month so my dad is kinda not letting me go near the tanks plumbing unless he is there watching my every move.

u guys know now i like this fourm better than reefbuilders even if i have over 1,000 post over there i think i might stick to this one.

so i was thinking about the refugium and i think i might get a 10g tank in december and use that for a refugium and drill it lets see how it goes if i do it i will post it on this fourm and not rb.

Back