12 k looks great!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

trillyen

what???
to day i went to go get a 12 k like alot of my new found friends on this site reefered me to

you guys were right about my ballast working both de and se

im really happy i did get a light bulb

its almost enough just having the one but i might as well get another ballast and bulb

i only payed 65 bucks for a 12 k reeflux bulb

i thought that was pretty good!!!

i cant get any good distinguishing pics of my 75 with my cam i have now but believe me it looks great!!!

thanks guys!!!

Yep, and also that gorgeous Elos tank at Barrier Reef is using a 12K reeflux bulb. That's where I first saw it and decided I loved the color. :)

I ran a 12K Reeflux on a PFO Ballast and I couldn't tell the difference between it and an XM 20K! :shock: I've heard others having the same thing happen as well. Glad you got the right mix with your ballast. It took a 14K Hamilton for me to find the right mix:)

I have two tanks, a 125 gallon mixed reef with 2 175 watt Iwasaki 15K on luminarc minis.

I bought the 12K reeflux for my smller tank, a 30 gallon cube. It has an anemone & clownfish in it, plus zoas, etc.

Here's an older pic I posted of when I had my 75gal. This shows a 12K Reeflux alongside a 20K XM. Can't see the difference:)

i'd been used 10k ,12k coralVue,reefflux 14 k Hamilton 10k blueline,,now i end up with 20k XM,and i will stay with 20k XM,,
i'm totally agreed with Khris,,about the color differential.

OK, just to play devil's advocate,

If Reeflux 12K looks like XM 20K, why do you both prefer 20K XM's?

wow, nice pic and no you cant see the difference

so you mean to tell me that a 12 k is the same as a 20 k:|

im in a dilemma

i just got 2 aqualight digital power centers and i dont think they are gonna run my lamps the way i want

for 1 the power adapter cords are to fat to go side by side there like those fat ballast like adapters

is there any way i can power a single vho plug just using the dusk til dawn effect (2 hrs a day) 2 big fat huge ballast like plug in things for my under the mogul SE lunar lights on a 12 hour light cycle, my 2 halides on about a 7 hr cycle, and my 1 single refuge light

i may have to use out side timers on the actual digital timer on the power surge protector

i may just go out and buy those one coral life tymers with 2 analog timers instead of the just one and i also think it powers three sets of lights

thanks ahead of time!!

why do you both prefer 20K XM's

LOL! Do you mean me?? If so, I never said I preferred the 20K XM:lol: I switched from the 20K XM to the 12K Reeflux hoping to get less blue and ended up with the same thing so I went to a 14K Hamilton which I loved. If I had to choose between the 12K Reeflux and the 20K XM, I'd probably go with the 12K Reeflux because I think it puts out more PAR than the 20K XM:)

20k XM:i like the color and grow rate(medium)

HUH?? You need to keep the color and up the growth rate to fast so you can sell more frags to your fellow local reef keepers.:) Too bad all of you have SE bulbs. I have DE 14k phoenix and love them. Nice blue and great growth.

Last edited:
I run 3 250watt 10k de BLV (AKA) ushio and 4 t-5 2 actinic and to daylights.. Too Me its a little to white. But growth to me is much better.. anyone have an extra 12k i would love to se the diffrence.. ?? (anyone in my area.)

my 10k mogul color is different than my 10k de reeflux. the 10k mogul is more blue. i had to get a 10k mogul ushio to match my 10k de reeflux. has anybody else ran into this problem?

Back