Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ID?

DSC00340.jpg

DSC00345.jpg

DSC00322.jpg

Some updates

DSC00341.jpg

This area was full of pulsing xenia,but I pulled them of the rocks and put them in my 65 gallon. (I still have some in my 125 at the back side). I put a purple Rim Monti cap as a replacement

DSC00344.jpg

My bubble coral with zoas at the corner and a chromis

DSC00343.jpg

My blue milipora

Superman Monti
DSC00383.jpg

Anyone know what this is?
DSC00388.jpg

The newest addition added is this guy (flame angel). So far, he's been pretty good. Always nips the rocks, but never touches the corals. Really active and bright fish.
DSC00395.jpg

kinda of late post, but
what type of acan is it? and yes, i did bought it from you :lol:

Thanks, when I started my tank, I wanted an anemone for my clowns and the first one I read about was the RBTA and until now it's still my favorite anemone.

ATP,

Last edited:
DSC00442.jpg

some banners in my 65 gallon. (H. diphreutes) checking if they're alright with corals so I throw them into my 65. I'll move them to the 125 in two or three weeks. Going to observe them just in case. Also thinking of upgrading my tank to a 250 or 270 in two years time. So I could put in a naso as well :)

Last edited:
yeah, i'd love to see your new tank, i think i saw you bought a clam to. how's that working out? The xenia and leather you gave me is doing well and growing like crazy.

Never showed how this tank looked like when most of the livestock was transfered. It doen't look as good as last time, but Its still really nice.

It's a FOWLR....atleast it was suppose to be:rolleyes:

Corals: (they're the ones I couldn't fit in the 120)
1-toadstool
?-mushrooms
1-rock full of xenia
1-green acro
1-purple bonsai
1-sunset milipora
1-brain coral
2-leathers
?-orange digi

DSC00701.jpg

DSC00702.jpg

DSC00703.jpg

DSC00704.jpg

Parameters as of yesterday:
Ph-8.2
Ammonia-0
Nitrate-0
Phosphate-0
Kh-9
Calcium-375 (added buffers)
Mg-forgot to test
Salinity-1.024

Most of the fish from previous pics have died due to an ich outbreak. Its been like 2 and a half months already and things are back to normal so no worries :)

I've added more lb. of live rock since than and even a few more corals. I don't plan to make this a FOWLR any more, but a softy/lps dominated tank instead.

DSC00907.jpg

DSC00908.jpg

DSC00909.jpg

DSC00910.jpg

DSC00911.jpg

DSC00914.jpg

DSC00913.jpg

Last thursday I reveived a Naso and Blue Jaw trigger from Les@WPH. They're great fishes and are very active. The Blue jaw eats almost anything I put in the tank. The naso on the other hand has been refusing to eat.

I've tried nori, mysis, freeze dried kill, plankton, arcti-pods, mysis/pellets/nori soaked in garlic and angellixir I had for the butterflies and the moorish when I had them, but he still ignores them and I'm starting to lose confidence. Any ideas :confused:

DSC00947.jpg

DSC00962.jpg

They're full of characteristics and follows you around when walking by the tank. Probably asking for more food :) He eats a ton already

While I was trying to feed the naso with a mixture of mysis, pods, and garlic in a srynge today, he (blue jaw) went to the tip of srynge and he looks like he just wanted to suck the food out :lol:

Back