125g External Skimmer

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

greenmonkey51

I'm going to be looking for a new skimmer for my 125g pretty soon. I'd like it to be external since my stand isn't very tall. I could get by with an in sump as long as the dimensions arn't bigger than an Octo NW-150. The budget on this is around 300$

Spend a extra hundred and get a das ex2. It will work very well for that size a tank.

I'm pushing the budget already. I found the octopus 200 recirc for a decent price at a couple places. I'm also looking at moding my sump and getting a regular octo 200. Which one is better. The the recirc worth the extra money.

Both pull around 13scfh which isn't to hot for such a large body. I modded my octo 200 into a recirc pulling 32schf and this was for my 160g volume. It worked very well and would be fine for up to a 200g tank. The octo's are a great choice of skimmers but do take some tinkering to work great.

Both pull around 13scfh which isn't to hot for such a large body. I modded my octo 200 into a recirc pulling 32schf and this was for my 160g volume. It worked very well and would be fine for up to a 200g tank. The octo's are a great choice of skimmers but do take some tinkering to work great.

I have a 75gal with a 20 gal sump. My octo recirc 200nw and it is pulling out a ton of shiite. I have about 150lbs of live rock and four fish.
Should I mod anything?

Back