12g aquapod mod

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

slim_jim989

Lion in the cave
hey i was wondering if anyone has successfully put t5's into the hood of the aquapod 12 gallon nano tank thanks

Do a google search for them.
I have seen them as small as 9" 6W
They also have a 20" not sure how much width that tank has, but do a search and I'm sure you can find what you need :)

So with the right setup. you should be able to mod them into the hood.
thats what i was figuring didnt know if there was any smaller then 24 inches.

Menace, you've seen 9" T5HO? I think you may be confused with Compact Fluorescents.

T5HO wattage is controlled by the length of the bulb, and works out to a little over 1 watt/inch of bulb length. A 9" bulb should be about 10 watts.

In a google search I just did, the shortest I could find was 24". That included T5HO that aren't even made for reef tanks.

I looked back at them. you'r right they are 6000K bulbs but they are 6w (hot HO), but the 20" i see on there is actinic.
Was trying to help >.<

Menace, you've seen 9" T5HO? I think you may be confused with Compact Fluorescents.

T5HO wattage is controlled by the length of the bulb, and works out to a little over 1 watt/inch of bulb length. A 9" bulb should be about 10 watts.

In a google search I just did, the shortest I could find was 24". That included T5HO that aren't even made for reef tanks.

thanks i might just try putting in a different watt of pc bulb/ballast in there. It currently has the 27 was dual day and dual actinc just trying to be able to grow more in such a small area :)

Back