14 gal. Bio Cube

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jetmech

Hi all,
I have kept reef tanks for about 25 years, our big tank is currently torn down till we are sure we are not moving for a long time! My 7 year old daughter loved our tank, and last year, won her school's science fair with her project on bacteria. well, she decided to roll that project into this years science fair project on how bacteria makes a reef tank flourish, and also the biodiversity of a reef. We bought a nano cube, set it up using some Tonga branch I had in the garage, cycled the system and documented it all with photos. Well, now she just added her first fish, a black clown fish and we are looking for some bright corals to put in to make a little reef. I don't have much cash, I just had my knee replaced and so I was out of work for a while. My old club in Colorado had a great "don't break the chain" program and I was wondering if folks here had something similar? I am not opposed to paying for a few frags, but the prices the LFS charge in the Seattle area are obnoxious! I would like to get a few corals, let nature take it's course in her tank to fully document and grow, then frag out and give away back to folks in need in the area. I will add photos of the little tank's build and all, and maybe some folks in the Puget Sound area have some little frags of beginner corals with some nice colors to offer up for free, or a decent price. Just remember that the frags that come back into the deal will be free! Well, if anyone is game, LMK what you have and we will set things up. We like zoas, shrooms, a small head of green hammer, pom pom xenia, well you get the idea! Thanks for looking! Pics to come when I get them loaded.
Bill

Sweet. I love the interaction with your child. I dream of the day my kids decide they want a tank. But yours took it to a whole new level. I have a devils hand you can have.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

Hey, Bill.
We really look forward to seeing the progress on this tank and your daughters project.

I would be willing to donate some corals to your project.

The hitch is I am in Bonney Lake, You and your daughter must come here to pick them out.

I would be willing to donate some corals to your project.

The hitch is I am in Bonney Lake, You and your daughter must come here to pick them out.
We would probably be up for that trip! I just have to get a weekend off so I have a couple of hours! We will definitely be in touch! Thank you for the offer!

Peppie and any others willing,
It has been a long time since starting this project, and a setback or two, but the tank is up and cycled and if any little corals are still up for donation, we would be able to come pick them up this weekend. I will try to check back here, or anyone willing could call me at 360-547-9277. Me and my daughter Kaitlyn thank any and all who help her out!
Bill

Will you be able to make it to the Bob Moore Frag swap this month? I will gladly donate a couple frags. I you cant make it there, your more than welcome to come by my place although it is a little ways away. I have a number of soft/leathers available. Also I have some nice zoanthids that are colorful and grow nicely but not so much to over take the tank. If you can make it to the frag swap, be sure to find me.

IPisces,
I am not sure if we will make the frag swap. My work schedule has been unpredictable at best! We can try to head down to your neck of the woods possibly tomorrow, (Saturday) if that is convenient for you. Where is Hanville located? I am familiar with areas between Burlington to Boeing Field, but anything else gets to be an adventure!

I am on the kitsap peninsula. If you are serious about coming over, you will take the Edmonds ferry to Kingston, and I am just North of Kingston 10 miles. It is a nice, beautiful drive and if you have not ridden the ferry before, an adventure.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Back