140 gallon Zero Edge Aquarium

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Spinner

Reef
Hey Gang i have a chance to pick up a 140 gallon mint condition Zero Edge with a high end custom built stand and canopy. This would be a trade out for painting the outside of their home with labor only.
Could use some input good or bad regarding these set ups:) This would be soft coral/clam system i am thinking:music:

Thanks,
attachment.php

hmm, I have a hard enough time staying on top of cleaning algae off the inside of the tank, seems like that would require double the maintenance. Interesting tanks but with water flowing over every part of the display, where would you put power heads? Vortechs would never work on that tank and seems like you would have water dripping off the magnets and not running freely down the side if you used Tunze or Koralia pumps. How are they getting flow in the tank now? Neat but not really functional for a reef tank.

Last edited:
Just make sure Bobby from Woodenville didn't build it. If he did, you have a very dangerous tank there.

The only drawback I've heard is fish seem to go over the edge more frequently than even a rimless.

Would be an awesome clam tank tho.

Is that a picture of actual tank or a media shot ??? Incredibly unique aquarium but have some of the same concerns as above maintenance wise. For flow, a closed loop setup as shown in pic would be perfect and the only feasible way to keep it high-tech clean. You would definitely want a very firm floor (slab) to have this on.

Just make sure Bobby from Woodenville didn't build it. If he did, you have a very dangerous tank there.

The only drawback I've heard is fish seem to go over the edge more frequently than even a rimless.

Would be an awesome clam tank tho.
It was built by Zero Edge for a MACNA display then sold after 3 years ago. Don't know who Woodenville is? I have noticed seems Zero Edge is no more?
Thanks for the input everyone....FYI the returns come up from bottom middle of tank.

I've got a dc10000 for my similar setup. I'm in the process of hooking it up but it's only set up to use flexible tubing. I want to use all PVC so I'm deciding what to do. Waveline has a new line of updated pumps that do have pipe threads. I'm interested in the dc12000. It's also apex controllable. Not out yet, though.

I was told to use a waveline for a return as well. They ramp up and down. Very kool pumps.

Kool tank but am concerned about the livestock. Stars and snails would wonder out. Ur house would smell like an outside sushi bar in the summer. Im sure u could clean it. Hard or not.... let us know!
D

All good points i have a week to say yes or no so time for meditation.....
Found out it has a dry box built into the center of the tank to run MP's if wanted. Cool feature:)

You are not the type to buy something without trying to figure out how to make it better or how to make it yours!! LOL

No fish?? Corals only?

Pay for maintenance?

Nothing to paint?

Charge more for the house painting? Instead of cost reduction for trade?

Two tanks to run?

I am a NERD what can i say? No way would i run both at the same time are you Krazy...lol
This would be my down grade remember i am getting older:yield:

the evaporation on that thing must be ridiculously high. but an easy fix.

Back