1guydudes tanks

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Sad day in reefing for me. Lost my deco crab and my gold torch has brown jelly and skeleton. Its gone.
Its my own fault. I didn't use ato and left for a cpl days.I just filled up the sump and let it drain for a cpl days. Did this twice. Once to see how long it would go. :(
My bad!
D

Thxs nana.
The skeleton was visable yesterday and the coral tissue that was there is now brown jelly lookin. :/
It'll go in the sump.

My pest battle is so so. Killin lots of nems here at home and recently at the poulsbo science center.
Purple cloves have been on the losing side and the red flat worms.

Can't wait to make the run to oregon for my coldwater ":)
D

I'd rinse the skeleton off real good, maybe dry it out for a couple days before tossing it in your sump. If any of the brown jelly remains on it, it can spread to everything else in the tank. I've been having to watch my tank like a hawk because of my problem with it.

I got brown jelly once on my gold torch. No messing around, too much expensive coral to risk spreading. Into the garbage can in went. :(

I didnt know it would spread. I thought it was just the dead coral tissue.
I did lose the torch and a small green rhodactus mushroom coral right below it.

On the bright side. I've got some shweetness rock nems comin on tuesday.
Also timers on both tanks light set ups.
Gonna get the auto top offs goin here soon maybe.

Few fish I'm lookin for r
Pyramid butterflyfish
Tiger queen anthis
Sunburst anthias
And a possum wrasse or swissgaurd
Pix hopefully soooon.
-d

hey thxs! Not to bad after not dosing alk for a week or so.
I did get two bottles of aquavitro the other day. So thats mo better lol. But im pullin the rings a lil here. No fancy fish lately or pretty corals :(.
Hows urs comin?
I need to check in on ur thread sir!
-d

Back