2.5 Gallons with Led Light Reef

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

taichimaster

Well, I had this little old tank, a HOB Filter, and an Old PC light laying around and thought I would set one up for the kids.

I ordered some LED Supplies and started the build. Got done this morning. Wow!!!! LEDs are amazing.

Specs:
2.5 gallon glass tank (already had)
HOB Filter (already had)
Case Fane for Chiller ($5)
LED Supplies ($40)
10 watt heater (already had)

Tell me what you think....The LEDs are amazing...can't explain the color

Here are some pictures.

Inside of the housing for the LED light.

DSC_0664-1.jpg

Close up of an old CPU fan blower...It blows to the left. worked out perfectly.

DSC_0660.jpg

Close up of the LEds
DSC_0659-1.jpg

I cut a hole out of the top of the HOB Filter and attached this Case Fan for Chilling

DSC_0658.jpg

Top View
DSC_0656.jpg

Side View
DSC_0657.jpg

Front view

DSC_0655.jpg

I love how led's highlight coraline algae and of course pop the color out of corals. Looks great.

This is exactly what my gf wants to have for herself! Lol now I see how to make it. (Her betta used to live in it but his 3 year life expectancy hit it's end)

Great start Peter, whats the plan for livestock ? Another tank for the office or in your kids room ?

Todd

Great start Peter, whats the plan for livestock ? Another tank for the office or in your kids room ?

Todd

Hey Todd,
Thanks for the kind words. Not sure what I want in there yet for livestock. I am going to just transfer some Zoas over from my office tank. I might even throw in a high priced Scoly as a center piece. The tank is in the dining room. All the tanks I have and none are in the livingroom area. I guess I am starting to migrate....

This tank is very cool and I think I may have to copy you on this. My boy wants a tank in his room.

Very simple to copy. Not much cost if you have most of the stuff laying around. I used the same excuse and said the tank was for my kids....I realize they don't really care too much for it and now it is another one of my tanks....:):)

I just got done the last few days of fragging and stocking my little nano. Still want to bring over a nice bleading apple scoly but that can wait. In the mean time, here is some livestock of the tank now.

DSC_0668.jpg

DSC_0669.jpg

DSC_0670.jpg

Full Tank Shot...

DSC_0666-1.jpg

Love it!!!! amazing!!!!! Want it!!! LOL :) wish i was handy with lights - without spending a fortune :(
Absolutely LOVE your tank!!!!!! keep the pictures coming :)

Sweet nano you have there, Peter... I love that crystal clear water and healthy look live stock.

Back