Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

A little update for a little tank.

DSC_0924.jpg

DSC_0923.jpg

DSC_0917.jpg

DSC_0912.jpg

DSC_0915.jpg

DSC_0918.jpg

I have 2 blues and one white. Doesn't really matter what the color the stars are, they all put out the same amount of wattage. Keep in mind this is only a 2.5 gallon tank. The clam is only 3-4" below the water. It is probably the happiest thing in there. You definitely can keep SPS, the problem with that is in a small thank, it is hard to keep the parameters steady enough for SPS to thrive.

just 3 leds and the clam is ok? what color are the stars? ever have sps live under led?

Hey taichi, how is it that you have cooler corals in 2 and a half gallons then I do in my 180 beast. I am truly envious. It looks absolutely awesome. What is the upkeep on something like that. Is it a half gallon water change daily, weekly, or how frequent. Love the build all together. You rock.

Hey taichi, how is it that you have cooler corals in 2 and a half gallons then I do in my 180 beast. I am truly envious. It looks absolutely awesome. What is the upkeep on something like that. Is it a half gallon water change daily, weekly, or how frequent. Love the build all together. You rock.

Thanks,
I don't do much but weekly water change from my larger tank. I change roughly 3-4 cups of water weekly. Other than that it is just daily top off, but I have a little aqualifter on a timer hooked to a small container with one gallon of water for automation. No supplements or dosing. I have to say though, the LPS is doing great in there. Might be because the water is alot dirtier than the rest of my tanks.

Wow! Nice litte nano. Where did you get the really nice acan in the 5th pic?

Back