2 gobies 1 shrimp?!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

SaltyDog08

let me ask you this. so i found a goby i like but this place never got them in and i needed a goby for my shrimp. i have a candycane pistol shrimp about 1.5 inches long and a white ray yasha haze goby same size in a 40 gallon breeder with roughly 65lbs of rock. i found a blackray shrimp goby also. if i put him in the tank will he fight with my white ray or will both gobys pair with the shrimp and everything be all goody goody?:confused::confused::confused:

My understanding is that the blackray's will accept each other and share a shrimp. Yashe Hase's may share with another Yashe, but that they really don't like to mix together on the same shrimp.

50/50 mix I have had these results with these goby's, I had a white ray yasha haze goby pair up with a yellow watchman for 18 months then I no longer had a white ray yasha haze goby. If i was in your shoes i would trade your blackray shrimp goby and get another white ray yasha haze goby and add it just after the lights go out you will have a 50/50 chance of them pairing up and then you will be sitting real well, If the Yasha is smaller than the one you have currently this will increase you chances with sucess. At least this has worked for me in the past i wish you the best of luck!!!
Jeff

Thanks guys. I have store credit for the blackray so I think I will find another whiteray and give that a try. Should I find another pistol shrimp of the same species too, or would that be risky also?

The female shrimp are always a 1/2 inch longer. Add it at night not to close but by the entrance if not the same sex they will go in the same cave.
The main thing is every tank has a different dynamic have a contingency plan if plan "A" fails what is your plan "B"

Thanks guys. I have store credit for the blackray so I think I will find another whiteray and give that a try. Should I find another pistol shrimp of the same species too, or would that be risky also?

Back