2 new badass hang on skimmers...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Skimmy

SKIM FU
hiya peeps,

yous peoples needs to knows about des tings....

2 new hob skimmers that will smoke anything on the market right now....

1. the new c&c marine(importer of octopus skimmers/stuff in canada) hob skimmer with sicce psk2500 needle wheel

Description:

Dimentions: 13"W x 4"D x 20"H (without cup)
Sicce pump with PinWheel
650LpH / 25 watts
Integrated Surface Skimmer
Body Drain
Wedge Pipe
Overflow protection

video of performance:
http://www.cncmarinesupply.com/misc/cc125h.wmv

they started out emulating the deltec mce 600 hob collection cup, but quicky listened to the beta testers and changed it to a 3.5" oval neck as you can see in the pics

the second is the Warner marine hob, which is in fact just an import of a chinese company named JNS,
it has been on the market a couple years but is just now making it to usa...

The dimensions
16.5 high
10 long
5 deep

with sedra 3500 needle wheel pumps (that can be mesh modded)
the h2 pulls 400 lph of air, same as the $500 deltec mce600, for only 299.99 at premium aquatics. there is also a smaller $220 version,made with a sedra 2500 and about 300 lph of air.

That video is crazy.

How big of a tank if rated for?? I looked at the Video and I have never seeing such thing before its crazy. I makes my RPS-1000 look like it's broke.
I love that thing.

Thanks for letting us know about it.

hiya peeps,

yous peoples needs to knows about des tings....

2 new hob skimmers that will smoke anything on the market right now....

1. the new c&c marine(importer of octopus skimmers/stuff in canada) hob skimmer with sicce psk2500 needle wheel

Description:

Dimentions: 13"W x 4"D x 20"H (without cup)
Sicce pump with PinWheel
650LpH / 25 watts
Integrated Surface Skimmer
Body Drain
Wedge Pipe
Overflow protection

video of performance:
http://www.cncmarinesupply.com/misc/cc125h.wmv

they started out emulating the deltec mce 600 hob collection cup, but quicky listened to the beta testers and changed it to a 3.5" oval neck as you can see in the pics

El Salvador,

From the cncmarinesupply web site:

Model 125H Specs:

Sizing Up to 125 Gallons
Min Air Flow 700lph
Pump Sicce
Max Brace Size* 1.25"
Dimensions 13"wx4"dx20"h
Price. 349.99$

Mark,

Great skimmers, but what would you recommend for a HOB skimmer for a 40 gallon tank. I believe the skimmer from cncmarinesupply is overkill.

Thanks
Kirk

Thanks.

El Salvador,

From the cncmarinesupply web site:

Model 125H Specs:

Sizing Up to 125 Gallons
Min Air Flow 700lph
Pump Sicce
Max Brace Size* 1.25"
Dimensions 13"wx4"dx20"h
Price. 349.99$

Looks like I will replace my RPS 1000 with it. It looks great. I have never seeing such a little skimmer produce so much skimm

Thanks for your help. I hope it fits in my sump.

Yea, the cnc is well above any hot out there. I have one and i'm running it as a meshwheel pulling 40scfh. I use to think the rogue was the king of hot, but it makes it look pretty bad. With the pinwheel it'll skim a 90-125g no problem, with the meshwheel it'll skim a 125-150g tank no problem. Just look at it like a msx, or octo extreme 160 hanging on your tank. CNC does a very fine job and did quite a bit of R&D on this skimmer and all there others. Also, anyone notice the drain on the body....a simple design that makes the skimmer super user friendly. yet they are the first to ever do this. Kudos on that.

This is the prototype before the better neck fwiw.

100_2298.jpg

100_2308.jpg

100_2320.jpg

100_2321.jpg

Thats what i get every 12hrs or so, and i have it on a 75g frag tank with one CBB feeding half a cube every other day.

I bet cnc would add it on the exit if you wanted them to customize one for you for a few extra bux. But yea, thats the only thing it lacks.

Have to say that I would never get rid of my deltec! Of course I didn't pay 500 for it either. Thanks again mark.

Do they make a smaller HOT for small tanks or nano tanks, these are way too big for my 34g tank!

Back