2 new badass hang on skimmers...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I haven't had a overflow in awhile but I actually turn the skimmer off when I feed. Your probably right on the fact that having a not so good skimmer before then putting this one on it's gonna be getting gunk out like crazy so it might take a little longer for it to settle down for you. I know the uneasy feeling about overflows I have seen this thing go nuts Hubby and I have some mod ideas we have been thinking about that we might try out depending on how expensive it would be my idea would add a extra like cup all the way around the upper portion of the collection cup with a drain outlet to dump back into the skimmer like the drain outlet on the skimmer cup. We might be bringing our ideas to TAP Plastics to have them build. But it's all just ideas and thinking right now :)

before you try an expensive mod like that that will permanently change the skimmer, i would get an extra pin wheel impellar and trim a few of the pins off to decrease power slightly to see if this stops overflows...
chances are if it's on a 50-75g it doesnt need 800-1000 lph of air, it could do awesome with 500-600 lph :idea:

Well I haven't had a overflow in awhile so things seem to be just fine for us lol but I will have to keep that in mind as something to try if we do have problems again but for now the skimmer is behaving nicely and I love it lol.

The overflows only happen when its 2 weeks or less old. It will also overflow if you leave it off for a few days and then plug it back in. What i always when i was going to use it again after a few days was to put a drain to a 5g bucket, raise the collection cup and let her rip. After about 3g or so it calmed down every time. I wouldn't cut on anything or do anything crazy as it will work perfect like it is, just needs to break in.

First off, I have a cnc hob and I love it. The only thing I did to mine was to put a rubberband at the bottom of the collection cup. The foam seems to hit the rubberband and this seems to break up the bubbles enough so that I get nothing coming over the outside of the skimmer.
I posted this before but noone seemed to pay attention to it.

I ahve a C&C HO skimmer question. How far below the top of the tank does the skimmer hang?

Thanx,

Gary

Fisher, the design was changed in the end and the last few people who got one had a collection cup with a oring that was inside the body so no foam climbed up like the first generation.

Gary, if the overflow is pulling enough water and not fully submerged your good.

How tall is a C&C HO skimmer? How much of the height is above the top rim of the tank and how much of the height is below the top rim of the tank.

I am trying to determine if this skimmer would work in my partitioned sump.

Thank you,

Gary

How tall is a C&C HO skimmer? How much of the height is above the top rim of the tank and how much of the height is below the top rim of the tank.

I am trying to determine if this skimmer would work in my partitioned sump.

Thank you,

Gary

Gary
Approx 9" above the rim and 13" below the rim. Hope this helps.

The C & C skimmer line is no longer produced. The SWC hang-on skimmer that I posted a link to in your other thread is a very close copy, and very good as well.

g

Thanks

The C & C skimmer line is no longer produced. The SWC hang-on skimmer that I posted a link to in your other thread is a very close copy, and very good as well.

g

Thanks for the help. I will look it up and see what i think.
Thank you very much.
Frank

Back