20 Gallon Mixed Reef

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Quick question Russter - what are the dimensions of your display tank?

I just read this thread beginning to end. I LOVED the flower pot and the pink birdsnest in the before pics, I am sorry you had to go thru a whole tank crash but your set up looks really amazing now and I am excited to see the growth in pictures! Amazing tank... good work!

Rachel

I just read this thread beginning to end. I LOVED the flower pot and the pink birdsnest in the before pics, I am sorry you had to go thru a whole tank crash but your set up looks really amazing now and I am excited to see the growth in pictures! Amazing tank... good work!

Rachel

Thanks for checking out my thread Rachel. I miss the alveopora flower pot too. One of my all time favourites and have not seen one in a store here since.

Here is a long awaited update on my tank. This tank is now 2.5 years old. A number of things have changed and the tank is maturing well.
- Replaced the SWC Xtreme 160 cone skimmer with a RLSS R8-i that comes with the DC Waveline 5000 pump. This skimmer has preformed great so far and I have installed a Swabbie neck cleaner to help cut down on the maintenance.
- Upgraded my Ecotech Radion Gen 1 fixture to a Radion Pro. With the addition of the UV, indigo and yellow LEDs, my corals have really started to pop with colour.
- Replaced my single 1.5" return line with two 3/4" Locline returns. This has created a more turbulent flow in the tank, allowing for some different coral locations.
- Added a Neptune Systems module PM2 with conductivity probe and additional temperature probe (not yet set up).

FTS March 2013
IMG_1909.jpg

IMG_1888.jpg

IMG_1885.jpg

IMG_1889.jpg

IMG_1883.jpg

IMG_1865.jpg

IMG_1872.jpg

IMG_1874.jpg

IMG_1877.jpg

IMG_1879.jpg

Yes I have to agree!
Very nice shots of your coral. Tank looks really good and healthy! Way to go and happy almost 3 years!
What is the mod you did to your skimmer?

OH MY GOSH...those are some sweet corals and pictures.

Looks fantastic!

Yes I have to agree!
Very nice shots of your coral. Tank looks really good and healthy! Way to go and happy almost 3 years!
What is the mod you did to your skimmer?

Most beautiful!!

Thanks everyone! :humble:

I added an Avast Marine Works Swabbie mechanical skimmer neck cleaner to my skimmer. It involves drilling a hole in the top of your skimmer lid and attaching a motor and wiper blade that cleans the neck of your skimmer automatically. I have it controlled by my Apex so that it comes on 4 times a day for 30 seconds, cleaning off all the crude and allowing the bubbles to climb the skimmer neck better.

Just wanted to let everyone know how impressed I am with the Ecotech Radion Pro LED light fixture. This little light throws out an incredible amount of PAR (so much in fact, that I have it set at 65% intensity). Coral growth has increased and colours have returned to some corals that had turned a bit pale. I would highly recommend this light to anyone.

IMG_1799.jpg

Back