• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2008 Anniversary Sale!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Wow, I was like 12th in line. I think I need to take a second out of my morgage. What a sale. This will be my annual Black friday sale. Heck with those other lines. This one was awsome. Thanks barrier Reef. I am sitting here looking at all of my new corals fishes etc. Thanks for holding onto the bag I left behind. Crazy sale. I had no clue that many people could fit in your store. I too enjoyed talking with everyone before your store opened. Thanks again. Now just waiting to see if I got a 50.00 BR raffle ticket...JIM

All I have to say is you guys know how to throw a party!......................crazy turn out and crazy nice raffle!

Thanks guys!

Wow, I was like 12th in line. I think I need to take a second out of my morgage. What a sale. This will be my annual Black friday sale. Heck with those other lines. This one was awsome. Thanks barrier Reef. I am sitting here looking at all of my new corals fishes etc. Thanks for holding onto the bag I left behind. Crazy sale. I had no clue that many people could fit in your store. I too enjoyed talking with everyone before your store opened. Thanks again. Now just waiting to see if I got a 50.00 BR raffle ticket...JIM

Hey doublenut...I think I'm gonna end up with the gift cert for $50...lol...maybe just you and I put our tickets in that bin so one of us will get it....again, lmao, I just wish I would have stayed longer to yuck it up with more folks! Take er ez

Nice meeting you there artguy1. Fun sale once again, better than any after thanksgiving sale. Lots of friendly people having fun making choices and chatting while waiting our turns. I had so much fun I went back after the PSAS meeting!

You guys can have the gift certificate I am after that pearlberry frag!

Hey doublenut...I think I'm gonna end up with the gift cert for $50...lol...maybe just you and I put our tickets in that bin so one of us will get it....again, lmao, I just wish I would have stayed longer to yuck it up with more folks! Take er ez

I'm hopin I at least end up with something, I put 7 tickets in there for a variety of different things. Skimmer would be nice but i'm shooting for the frack.

great sale, wish I would have had more money or my tank setup to get some livestock.

Cy, when are you going to be making the phone calls out for the raffle? No rush just wondering, or maybe announce the names up here so that way you dont get inundated with 10,000 pms of people asking if they won, just a thought as I imagine you guys are super busy even when the doors are closed this weekend.

Tom

Last edited:
The raffle is not until tomorrow night we all have to wait another day I am hoping for the GC or the Dwarf Morry he was pretty cool!

Ahhh you can all keep waiting for the phone calls. As soon as the raffle's over, my phone will be ringing off the hook....Caller ID will say Barrier Reef!!!

It was awesome meeting a lot of you this morning, and last night!! Cy and Crew....Amazing Customer Service Yet Again!!!! Standing Ovations are due. Beautiful selection of corals, great Crowd Control!! I never did find the coffee though...lol. That's alright....as soon as I stepped foot in the door, I was WIDE AWAKE!!

As always, thank you guys....oh and I'm installing a second phone line just so you don't get a busy signal when calling to award Angie and I all our raffle prizes.

Thanks to you guys at Barrier! Great way to have a sale. Even though it was crowded and I was asking a lot of questions, you guys spent time helping me and not making me feel rushed at all.
All the corals are in the tank and the new goby is on lookout. Hopefully the raffle will work out for everyone...but mostly I hope that sticky glue I put on my tickets will help me win something this year. :)

LOL...love the posts all. Makes all the hard work worth it hearing that our customers enjoyed Day 1. It was great seeing everyone. Still lots of stuff available and rainchecks for everything thats gone. The raffle will be held right around 5pm sunday and I will post a list in this thread and call each winner. I might not get to all the phone calls Sunday night but by monday at the latest. There's a lot of prizes;) Also, thanks everyone for your patience and understanding while we worked our way through the crowd. I really thought the early start time might thin out the door opening rush and spread things out a little. So much for that idea!

I want to give a huge thanks to Cory our Hikari rep. He stayed until well into the afternoon and dove right in and helped our customers as if he was on staff. Didn't ask for a thing...gave up his entire saturday and smiled through it all. Thanks Cory!!! He's also going to be bringing us some St Thomas Bubble Mushrooms this coming week. Be the first in the area to get one. Search for Rhodactis sanctithomae to see pictures.

Also to our crew. You guys rock! From James our new guy who handled his first sale amazingly well, to Kyle who is great with rare coral advice, Matt who helped us sell our entire fridge full of Reef Nutrition foods (I mean it..stocked thursday and all gone saturday) by demoing Arcti-Pods for anyone interested, Chris the cash register expert, the raffle help from Staci and Stephanie, and Tim...who I couldn't imagine doing this without. Thanks guys...we could shut it down tonight and we would still beat my best case estimates!!

Thanks again for the support everyone!

Last edited:
artguy1, yep I guess we should have done that. It is nice to meet all of the people. Many Many Thanks to Cory who helped us. He hooked us up with everything. The frags are cool he suggested and the powerhead is working nice in the Hex. Everything made it throught night yippeee. I hope day two works out for them just as good as day one...JIM

Congrats Tim, and Sy!! Sorry I was not there to enjoy the sale! I know you provided great prices and great corals!!

Thank you for the great store you provide us here in Seattle!

Much appreciated!

Business customer for life!!

Happy Holidays!

Eric

just a quick fyi, we thought we would have enough ricordea to go around.....we were a little off. we will do rainchecks for 30% off.

Raffle Results!!!

ATB Skimmer- Reese Cogdill

1. WM S200 Protein Skimmer- Sarang
2. Package of Rod's Food- Tisha, Marnee Wines, Kim James, Michael Hamilton, Dan D.
3. Full Size Dual DI Filter- Reese Cogdill
4. Coral Frenzy/C Journal- Johnny, Josh Prada, Kurt S., Dan D., Jon Moore, Augustus B., Michael (no last name), Kat, Chris McVicke(r), Ethan Roberts
5. Live Coral Green Frogspawn- Jordan M.
6. Live Coral Loripes? Acropora- Michael Hamilton
7. 1 - 3.5oz Package Of Frozen Food Per Month For A Year- Jeff Cowart, Jeff Cowart, Jehan Christensen
8. Seachem Reef Fundamentals Pack- Phil Chan, Rob Dunn, Josh Prada, Johnny, Kat, Michael, Josh Prada, David Chen, David Chen
9. $50 Barrier Reef Gift Certificate- Kevin Roberts, Robert Waloweek, Brett Warbinton, John Cheng
10. Seio 1500 Pump- Josh Prada
11. Seio 1100 Pump- Michael
12. Marineland C-220 Canister Filter- Joanne
13. Bucket Of Instant Ocean- Jesse Rosen
14. Canary Blenny + 4oz ORAGlo- Jon Moore
15. Stripe Blenny + 4oz ORAGlo- Michael Hamilton
16. Orchid Dottyback + 4oz ORAGlo- Ethan Roberts
17. Indigo Dottyback + 4oz ORAGlo- Johhny
18. Blue Voodoo Stag + 4oz ORAGlo- Bob Swisher
19. Plum Crazy Acro + 4oz ORAGlo- Michael Hamilton
20. Pearlberry Acropora + 4oz ORAGlo- Jeff Allen
21. Marshall Island Yellow Fuzzy + 4oz ORAGlo- Josh Prada
22. CaribSea Supplements (Pick 2)- Michael, Josh Prada, Josh Prada, Johnny, Anh, Phil Chan, Dan D., Dan D., David Chen, David Chen, Chelsey Putera., Angela, Kat, Kat.
23. 16oz DT's Reef Elements Calcium, Mg, Alk (All 3 Bottles)- Scott Stockman, David Chen
24. Golden Dwarf Moray Eel- Michael Merhej
25. Tunze 63 Gallon Salt Mix Bag- Todd O'Hara, Todd O'Hara, Chelsey Putera, Kat
26. Purple Rhodactis Mushroom- Charlene Wang
27. RPE Zoanthid Frags- Ryan Simpson, Chris Miller
28. Frick (Frag Rack) + 2 Fracks (Magnet Frag Plug)- Ben Gannon

Congratulations everyone!! We're all pretty tired. Other than a couple of the big prizes, we will start making these phone calls monday. If you see your name here please come by at your convenience. We came well short of our fundraising goal but after subtracting the cost of the ATB Skimmer there was $200 left over from that raffle to donate to Children's Hospital. Disappointing but at least its something:) Thanks again to you, our fantastic customers, for all your continued support.

Thanks again everyone

Last edited:
Back