My latest beast:
20g CFI 1/2" 24x16x12"acrylic tank
external bulkhead w/elbow overflow
current usa t5hox4 fixture (for now)
euro-reef rs100 mesh modded (for now)
2 K1's @ 420gph each (for now)
two little fishies media reactor for GAC and GFO
eheim 1250 return pump w valve to cut flow

since I only have 12" of depth to penetrate, I am going to most likely switch to LED's once I find a fixture that I like...so many new ones coming out this quarter!! and the t5's will be plenty in the mean time...

for flow I am going to swich over to a single tunze 6025 modded or a 6045, giving me about 1100gph w/ either one.

and the skimmer... meshed euro-reef rs-100, while plenty of overkill for a 20g, I am looking to get a new SWC cone since they are so cheap...

I also want to pick up a cheap/used controller, a DJ power strip, and I think I'll be done...
I'm going to start rock scaping when I get home so I will snap some pics of the sand and rock once I finish tonight....
then in the next day or 2 I fill with ro water!
will be using reef crystals salf for now, as I have a bucket of it...

so soon I will be pestering you guys to buy L33t frags!!! :) :)

tank003.jpg

Last edited:
mkay, there was some construction at my house, some nasty chemicals used on the concrete walls and such in the basement I live in, so I wanted to wait a couple days for that crap to dry. but today is good so I will finally be doing my rock-scaping.. rinsed the sand some 5 times, scrubbed the dead sponges and crap off of the base rock I have. there is a combination of about 15lbs of pukani that has just been cooking in a bucket of sw w/ a powerhead and heater for the last few months, 0 algae on it... 10lbs tonga branch that was in the fuge of the 20g I bought, this I killed and scrubbed everything off it with a paint removing plastic brush, and also about 10lbs of totally dry totka.
So should be a simple matter to make a decent looking DT.

ordered the tunze 6045 for flow, 3 geisemann actinic+ bulbs, and 1 ATI procolor...(I liek a blue tank).

now I'm waffling over buying this cheap weipro LED fixture comprised of 21 1 watt bulbs and is 24" long. shipped to my door from hong kong for $135
http://www.reefshops.com/weipro-led-lighting-led-l-series-1w-per-led.html
even if it's total garbage, at 12" it will still grow lps and softies for sure, and this will fit on the tank w/ my t5's if I wanted(if it doesnt look too ghetto).
and if it turns out to be a total joke, I could at least throw it on a fresh planted tank.

it's either that or an ecoxotic panorama led @ $99 for 12 1 watt LED's attached to the t5 fixture...

all right, ordered the weipro 24" LED fixture...20 1 watt LED's, it's the most light for the least amount of money I could find. it will take 10 days for them to make an american power supply version, then 7-10 days for it to get here from hong kong... I love being a guinea pig :|
then I ordered the ecoxotic panorama blue LED from premium, so I can at least play with that on the t5 fixture before the weipro LED arrives.

did you order the L60? and how much was it shipped and with the american power supply?
If you dont mind sharring

nice is that one unit gonna be your sole light source? I have a very strong bug to set up a zoa nano and I would luv to just use led for the lights

$128 is uber cheap for your uber nano

I'm thinking no...
at the very least it will be the weipro L60 and the ecoxotic panorama blue LED, if not the t5 along with both.
the proof is in the pudding, so I wont really know until both LED fixtures get here... tank is almost clear, will take new pics very soon.

I really wanted the AI LED fixture, but didnt have the $600, and I know of at least 4 new LED fixtures coming out between now and summer, so I really just wanted something to tide me over until then.

so i guess this means your gonna want some of that acan back LOL
glad to see ya doing a tank again man .

My opinion is your doing it all wrong and i think once you have purchased the
leds you probably should just bring it to my house :D JK thats really nice mark . What are you mostly gonna be keeping in this ?

Back