• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

240 project tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mfinn

Surgeonfish
I am going to be replacing my 240 I have now due to a leak.
I'm not even going to try and fix it.
I am looking for someone that wants this tank with the knowledge that it probably needs to be completely resealed.

I'm hoping my new tank will be ready in about 3 weeks, so I am going to try and get this one emptied in 2 weeks.

It was originally from Glasscages and setup in August 2006.

The build thread is in my signature.

I am not in the market for a big tank but in the old days, would buy leaky tanks and add a nice bead of silicone after a VERY thorough job of cleaning. Never failed again. Could even add glass strips to the corners if desired extra reinforcement.

I am not in the market for a big tank but in the old days, would buy leaky tanks and add a nice bead of silicone after a VERY thorough job of cleaning. Never failed again. Could even add glass strips to the corners if desired extra reinforcement.

see the pictures in my tank thread.

Hey Mark, sounds like a good deal, perfect dimmensions lol, that could be a sweet set up, will see what Marty has to say, hopefully yes he he he will keep my fingers cross and hope for the best

My thoughts on it now that I have seen the place where the leak is coming from are,
since the leak is coming from a spot where the front pane of glass sits on the bottom pane of glass, that seam is compromised in a way that it would have to be taken apart to be resealed.
I don't think this tank can just be resealed, by putting in new corner beads of silicone.
If you still want this tank Carlos, knowing that, it's yours. I only ask you help move it out and my new one in.
You may want to get a quote from someone like OBD to see what they would charge to reseal it.
They are making the new one for me.

My thoughts now are it would make a really nice reptile tank or some other application.

It may come down to me recycling the glass at the recycling center.

Ok, Marty thanks for the info, I will ask OBD for a quote, probably tomorrow and will let you know, how expensive are those tanks new ?

Back