24x24x20 rimless

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

matts125

So I will be building one, is 3/4'' thick enough or not?
If not.... with 24x24 footprint how tall can I go with 3/4''?

thanks!!!!

Take a look at mine at indoor its 24x24xI think 16 or 18 high it is 3/4 and 1/2 I think I would do all 3/4 sides if I was going to do it again with 1/2 only on the bottom just a little bit of bowing with rimless and 2, 1/2 inch sides. I think if you went 3/4 you could probably get 24 square without any trouble so 20 high should work great I love mine check it out when you get a chance has cherry stand granite top 400 halide pendant closed loop and double sump might get some ideas of what not to do and maybe some of what might work

Take a look at mine at indoor its 24x24xI think 16 or 18 high it is 3/4 and 1/2 I think I would do all 3/4 sides if I was going to do it again with 1/2 only on the bottom just a little bit of bowing with rimless and 2, 1/2 inch sides. I think if you went 3/4 you could probably get 24 square without any trouble so 20 high should work great I love mine check it out when you get a chance has cherry stand granite top 400 halide pendant closed loop and double sump might get some ideas of what not to do and maybe some of what might work

i figured it would be good. i have already built a couple tanks so I pretty well know what to do. I think it will be fun...

Matt

Wait for me.......... JK
Looks fun.
Ill look forward to seeing it progress

I'm not real sure about 24" tall Matt. Mine is only 15" and has a real slight bow at 48" long. You can always add a brace if it bows to much.

Wa Coral thats I nice tank. The bow though makes me wonder every time I go to Indoor reef.

Don

Ya it was kind of an after sight I had someone build that for me from some scrap they had laying around and it just happened to be 2 sides of 1/2 it is weld on 40 and glued thick so I am not worried that it may let go but I definitly think I would go 3/4 just so it didnt bow just looks better

Back