250gl cube build!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

5150REEFER

Hello everyone, Heres my new project! been posting on cvr and thought i would share with you guys aswell! tank is 48''x48''x26tall eurobraced. this project been going on for about a month now and hopefully soon to be done with! just finished up my rock work and hope to be done with plumbing this weekend..

Looks great! what did you use for the back wall and towers? What are your stock list plans?

Nick

Hey guys sorry didnt mean to leave you hanging all weekend lol just got back in town!!! as for the rock work i used foam insolation called Great stuff and a two part epoxy for the sanding every thing i used is inert if cured properly,
as for my fish list not to sure yet, i do love tangs though!!!!! and the tank i had it orderd from one of our local lfs and of corse built some where down south?? ill get the name for ya!

looks great... i love t look with the walll....

but my first question is what are you gonna use for filtration... surely thats not even close to what you need for that amount of water... are you gonna plumb some Lr from another tank?

Thats what the plans are, left sump will be for live rock and cheto its a 60gl so its a decent size fuge im also running a G4 with a few mods I think that should be plenty of filtration we'll see!:D if all fails ill go bigger on the skimmer but that should do the job.

Alrighty time for an up date!! finaly got the tank in the house filled with water mixed in salt and the waiting begins!!!!also changed skimmer plans bought a MR4 from a fellow reefer stoked about that!!! still need to add sand plumb in skimmer and add some live rock in the fuge to kick start the tank!!

that is nice. i love the rock wall and the arches. With as much room as you left in the middle, (and the size of the tank), can we expect all sorts of cool fish?

Back