28g Nanocube CF

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jellybowl

I just moved to the area a few months ago, and upgraded from a 12g nanocube to a 28g CF. Here are some of the pics from the 12g in Chicago before it crashed, then the 12g in Boise, then the latest upgrade to 28g.

Here was my late, great yellow striped maroon. Actually travelled with me from Reno to Portland, to Chicago in a portable file folder double bagged and with some sand and a rock. Before the new fluid restrictions! TSA was pumped! They all wanted to see what I had...

He made it fine.

Enjoy!

Here he is peeking out from his lair. Just had him and a yellow goby. They played well together. For a while also had an arrow crab.

I try to keep my tanks simple partly because I can't drop a ton of cash, and partly because it's a challenge to create something beautiful with limited resources.

Here's one of the rock formations I had for a while. They kept changing.. I usually go with a tunnel of some sort. Lately Ive been experimenting with rocks in the foreground to add some depth.

My son thought this guy was a spider. He was pretty creepy, but also VERY handy. I show you why in the next picture...

So for a while snails kept disappearing... In fact, I had had various rocks for over ten years by this point, in different tanks between my brother and I. In bigger tanks (my old 55g), sometimes a fish would die and then I could never find the body. What the heck?

Then one day I heard my wife cry out! Get in HERE!!! I ran in, and saw this horrendous thing:

After shaking like I was in a coffin with millipedes all over me (on Fear Factor), I grabbed the rock out of there.

I poured boiling water over it, then left it out for a few days in Chicago January. Needless to say it was no longer live rock...

Then, a few days later, the arrow crab found his carcass and started pulling and munching. He pulled out 6" before the body broke.

I had these Palys(?) for a while and they were always rust colored. Then I bought some phytoplankton and they got so green... I should've learned better how to care for these guys... Better late than never.

Left Chicago in early May to see family on the west coast. it was just above 40 degrees for the highs... A few days into vacation, the tank sitter called and said the tank smelled weird, that the apartment was very hot. A heat wave had hit, and the outside temp was over 90. I didn't put in the air conditioning... EVERYTHING Went down. It took me a few years to gather cash to put it back together again. This was the last photo I got of my guy.

RIP buddy.

Left Chicago for Boise. Got some money for a birthday and started the tank again. My bro brought me some Kenya trees and I bought a small bit of GSP, and two yellow polyps. Also got these two guys...

Attachments

• IMG_3218.jpg
    IMG_3218.jpg
    30.9 KB
Back