Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

yellowmouthduncans-1.jpg

DSC02780.jpg

DSC02779.jpg

DSC02778.jpg

DSC02777.jpg

DSC02776.jpg

as you can see I did change my plan around a little added crushed coral petco 8 bucks a bag kind I always liked this stuff for some reason. the return is a enhiem 1262 which feeds my Brs reactor and the 2 returns in the tank via a squid. rotates each side I have plenty of flow with out the maxijet. I set up my RKL to turn the maxi off at night and thinking about doing the same for the K3 also. I will test it out over the weekend. and see! I mixed my 3 part mixes for dosing has my sps will be early next week. No need to set up one of my reactors I will wait for those... on the big system.

Tomorrows plans are to make a light rack like the one I am almost done with for my 240 thats on a different site I will cut and paste over here. one day. aluminum just bought @ home depot. cost with parts and tools for both racks less then 100 bucks I will be able to make a 6 foot rack and one for this tank and still have some spares left over.

so far live stock is a 6 line smalll baby and 2 clowns for fish corals are rics zoas and palys a odd gorgonia and chalice and duncans will have some acans and also some sps to the mix this next week I will get photos I do not have a high end camera really don't need to shop photos I look at my tank everyday lol. I will have my brother in law take some photos once all ful for your viewing pleasure. so thats about it for now no more fish are going to be added to this tank and once the 240 is up the 6 line will make that his new home. and this will be a softie and clowns tank only. for my daugher. I will redo the whole system and just add vhos to the mix a 2 one combo 2 blues one day.

thanks for looking an comments feel free.

gave my fish a nice treat today Live brine shrimp man they are eating like pigs Fat and healthy is my moto for clean STD free fish some of my SPS come in on tuesday and then the fun begins with dosing I plan on dooing another water change added a frag rack I made out of a mag float a while back. waiting until I get the 240 up and running before I get the famous Finn frag racks I will need a couple in that tank to hold on for a while. I will update with photos of new corals added once I get them and acclimate and dip fun stuff....... not really worried about qting now since this will be my qt for new live corals anyway. and setting up a 55 for fish qt

well it is almost a month I will update I changed lights reflectors out added a Ice cap led strip for the mood lamps added corals reef ready grape juice, rainbow tipped acro few stags a few birds nest a few montis and a few zoas and acans oh and last but not least a few more chalice's everything is going good. I will take some photos and upload them to add tomorrow. looking into a couple evo koralias on to have a wave making motion in my tank I want to see what my rkl can really do! I have a new shippment of corals coming in a few weeks from vegas again. my ultimate fav photos sponge nice purple a mini colony of green super hairy milli, flower pot and yellow ball sponge I call it the sticky icky limeade and a few others I forgot the names already. another chunk of chalice nice solid midnight blue color. then I will wait a month and add some more by july my 29 will be packed to the rim and will be ready for the 240 after intercepting and aptisa killing the tank and rocks. what fun that will be.

picasso or snow flakes I forgot already which ones I bought. how is the tank miss hap coming along hope all is well when you come by I have a gift for you it is a gfi lol want to make sure your still around with us and not burnt up in a house.

tank was looking good when you showed it to me a few weeks ago.

I gotta spin by one of these days and pay you for that lighting controller (works well)

Russ

Nice bro! Diggin the sps. Btw i hope you got my text about not making it. I hope you don't hold it against me man. Definitely following the thread. Well obviously. Also if your acrylic buddy ever comes up i'm tryin to have a clean new 29 built with a coast to coast external. If he has the time. Aight Later.

np i been quite the flake lately been busy with birthdays and partys and what not lately. when i get home i turn to vegi mode. I have it full of sps all ill go in here before my 240 to grow out. I m having him build me a cube right now with the external coast to coast since I have all the plumbing for it now lol but i am going to have him ship it to me. I will see what he charges as I don't pay but shipping unless he is shopping for sps he likes. mine is going to be 24x24x16 so I guess cubeish and not a true cube. but that will be my grow out tank when I get that one and the 29 I have will be a sump then.

Nice dude those are dope dimensions yeah ask what he would charge for 30x12x20tall
half inch or thicker. With and external coast to coast shipped to our area. If he's willing to do it i'd like to start the build sometime in july if possible. No need for drilling it ill handle all that myself.

Thanks justin.

lol he will not charge for drilling and he will want to test the over flow before shipping it out. so there is no leaks. I will shoot him a text tomorrow morning for the closed loop and all that he will not drill only the over flow.

mine i think is 3/4 rimless not sure if it 3/4 or 1 inch to me more is better lol

Oh i was more worried about the placement not the price at all. lol I just want it to have a herbie in the back with 1 inch drains. 3/4 would be fine for me that way i still have a little room for depth on that stand lol

Also if hes gonna drill for the loop just top and bottom corners 3/4 inch outlets are fine.

Ohh i thought you said he would need to do the loop and the overflow. I have all the tools too brotha thanks though. Had to buy a glass and acrylic holesaw set awhile back.

Back