29g biocube

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jasonseaman

just got a 29 biocube running 2 36watt power compact lights has a clam in there do you think some sps would be ok in there??? saw some killer acro so just curious... never ran pc lighting so help a bratha out???

You need much more light. If your interested, I have a JBJ Viper 150 watt Metal Halide light that I used on my 29 Biocube that allowed me to have clams, sps corals and anything else I wanted. Pm me and we can talk about price etc.

just got a 29 biocube running 2 36watt power compact lights has a clam in there do you think some sps would be ok in there??? saw some killer acro so just curious... never ran pc lighting so help a bratha out???

It will do well for a minute, then it will slowly degrade. I did the same thing 7 years ago. Finally had to upgrade to MH. T-5 or MH is what you need for sps and clams.

Maybe so....maybe not. You have a lot of us here with years of experience at this. Just giving you what we learned.

I'd opt for more lighting as well. Clam may just be thriving (ie getting by) and would do much better with more intense lighting. JMHO... :)

yeah thats what i been thinking and tike didnt mean to make you mad or tell you you were wrong sorry if i offended you man...ill prob through clam in my 75 gallon...

Don't worry about Willy (tike666). He's easy going :)

Very! Took no offense whatsoever. Matter of fact I didn't believe people either when I was doing the same thing.:D:lol:

What do you have in the 75??

Well....I'm not too far from you maybe and can help......have a frag rack FULL of sps right now.

Back