3 gallon Pico

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Shane and John

father and son
Pico just got delivered today, woo hoo:) 14 years old, and have had previous saltwater tanks in the past. Wanted to get back into it and decided to go with something small. 3 gallon pico is PERFECT for what I want to start with. No fish, or corals yet, but there is rock. Pictures will be posted as we add things. Let me know what you think! Oh, excuse the horrible picture quality...Moms good camera was dead. :D

Attachments

• 1113001633[1].jpg
    1113001633[1].jpg
    34.9 KB
loving it!!!! thanks for taking pix step by step, have you thought of what you'll be putting in it? thanks for sharing again, been wanting to do something like that for a while and putting it in the kitchen :) good luck

Well, were thinkin about a few groupers, a stingray, and maybe a great white? :p Lol, We are going to find a black ocellaris clown, and possibly a little goby. Also lookin for a few sexy shrimp...Anybody know of a place that carries these? If we cant find a little clown, then I may have to steal Cracker from adam. :D

I got my sexy shrimp from both barrier reef and blue sierra. They are pretty cool and mine would spawn at least once a week too and feed all my lps.

They are only reef safe when you keep them full of mysis and pellets though, if you start to slip up and don't feed them every day or two they'll start eating corals. Mine ate all the skirts off all my zoas and then I got rid of them once they turned on the acans.

Ill be sure to keep them fed...For sure going to plop a few kids of zoas in there, and maybe steal one of dads acans to see if It'll grow.

Don't sneeze too close to the tank without out some top-off water standing by :shock: :D Should be really nice with some livestock in there. Anxious to see what it looks like! I have a 10 gal made about 8 gal I am setting up so not too far off from you :)

Back