3 year old 240 gl reef tank any ideas.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

lamonte

I have a 240 gl reef tank that I have had very good success with. I have several fish and corral's that are the original inhabitant's from the first cycling of the tank. I enjoy the tank very much, I have it dialed in to the point of needing a new challenge. Any ideas will be appreciated.

I say don't mess with sucess. Maybe add a frag tank? Build a better skimmer maybe thats always a challenge to DIY. Make water changes more automated if they are not allready.

I might be interested, I have an abundance of hammer corrals and mushroom corrals.

i am not sure, but from the sound of your post, you may not have any sps corals...in the case that you don't, maybe you could try it out!! i also that that first frag tank idea!

I do have some blue tip acropora, I'm having problem's trying to get my new picture's downloaded on my computer.

Fresno area here! Welcome to RF. Also, check out nvreefers.org, they're a great group based out of Stockton.

I guess we need to know a little more about your tank setup, to give you more ideas. Regardless of tank setup, I'm betting an octopus represents more of a challenge than any of us are used to. :) Especially a blue-ring. :p

Might I suggest moving your tank towards a specific biotope. Determine what environment (in terms of lighting, water movement and nutrient level) your tank best duplicates, and then gradually remove species not found in that environment while adding species that are found in that environment. Try to concentrate on a specific geographic region.

When you have completed the transition, let Anthony know. I'm sure he will congratulate you!

Back