300 Cube 48X40X30

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Not to pick a bone but 48 X 40 X 30 isn't really a cube...jes sayin, LOL

Don't know if you've had a metal stand before but I hope you're as happy with yours as I am with mine. I built a three sided stand that can be completely removed if I have major work to do under the tank. It also allows me to quickly disconnect plumbing from the sump and slide it out the right side. Just wondering about something I saw on yours. Did you close the ends of the pipe? I've always heard that it's a good idea to prevent water intrusion should you have a spill while doing maintenance or in the event of a failure. If they're open you probably won't be able to weld them now that the tank is in place but you might consider RTV and a blank over the end or filling the end with expanding foam.

Mike

Here are the newest corals. Last week on are local forum there was a guy breaking down his tank and sold four of his SPS colonies. Now here’s the kicker he was selling [ink lemonade, Strawberry short cake, Cali tort and a blue tipped tenius. Got them all for a smoking deal.
IMG_5019.jpg

IMG_5025.jpg

IMG_5021.jpg

IMG_5022.jpg

IMG_5027.jpg

IMG_5027.jpg

Wow nice lookin Helfrichi's! I used to have one a few years back that died from eating too many dinoflagellates =( Don't know if I want to risk getting one now that I have a rimless tank though. Would be an expensive jumper.

Thought I would take some full tank shots.. I still don’t have the pictures down not sure why but by tank shots never come out how I want them. If you have any pointers on how to get them to come out better let me know.
IMG_5053.jpg

IMG_5055.jpg

IMG_5056.jpg

IMG_5058.jpg

Your tank looks great. I can't wait until I have that many sps. How are you liking your LEDs. I will be building a DIY setup for my tank when the parts arrive. I can't stand the heat that my metal halides produce.

they are a 119 LED'S one watt LED's mixture of of different optics to maximum spread Large thick heat sink built in timer for white blues and moons powder coated housing bridgelux LEDs

amazing!!! keep it coming...

still using the same lights?
What are your maintenance schedule for this bad boy tank...
tell us more!!!

Yes useing the same lights. Really dont do alot to the tank feed alot rod food run some carbon and a littel GFO. I add Strontium & Molybdenum ,Coral-Vite. 55 gallon water change about monthly.

Back