300 gallon in progress

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ecobalance

lifetaper
Finally got the 300 gallon i've been waiting on.The hard part is over and the fun begins.Its taking the place of a 150 that i spent most of two days moving.It has a external overflo with two 2 inch drains and 2 1 inch returns.I'm still waiting on the skimmer and skimmer pump before i drill the holes in the 140 gallon sump-refugium.

Very nice. Its almost enough to make me want a custom with a very similar design.

Canada

I'd tell you the name of the place,but you'd want to kill me after you delt with them.They promise you it will be done in two weeks,then when it doesn't show and you call they cuss you out for wanting to know why.Lets just say the hassles you go through aren't worth the savings.It is made of 3/4 inch glass and 1'' un-temperd bottom.Luckely it is going to have a canopy,because there are small oysters[aka chips]every where the top braces meet the tank.Extreme paint huffers in my oppinion.It showed up with one of the cross braces smashed,and when i asked them if they could ship me a replasement piece so i could repair it ,he replied''Due to terrorist threats i can't ship pieces of glass'',which i found to be a complete lie.

Back from vacation! On to plumbing and rockscape

Well just thought i'd throw a quick progress report at ya.This tank has been up and runing with the sand and rock for about two weeks now and the skimmer and pressure pump,diamond hole saw,and misc.plumbing fittings arived,so i guess it's time to ''get er done''The return pump is a Sequence Dart,the skimmer is a Austin Ocean and the circulation(additional in tank)is a simple mag 18 that is in the external over-flo plumbed to two 3/4 bulk heads that were pre-drilled.Started drilling the rocks and placeing them but ran out of time and visability.Gave me a few minutes to re do the rocks in the tank this one replaced,now located in his office.

Done with the install

Got er done,and added a few fish.The dust should clear by tomorrow,then i can see if any pvc or rivits are showing in the rock scape and adjust acordingly.

Rock work

Thanks krish,but that tank pictured with clear water is the one i moved to the office in back.Got the rock work done in the new 300 but was still a little cloudy when i snaped a shot.I try to swing by there tomorrow and snap a shot after it clears.

Looks great dude! Still haven't had a chance to come out and see it... If I went in there would he let me poke my head around? I want to see what you got running in that sump! I wouldn't let me do that so I figure I would ask first hehe

Finished stand and lamminate work

Last shots of the tank with stand and canopy.The step up i decided on turned out prety cool.

Back