300 gallon Plywood/glass in/wall build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

SeaMonster

300 gallon Plywood/glass in-wall build

Just wanted to share my new tank with you nice folks. I had so much fun building this thing and its been up and running for Almost 3 months now. growing extremely fast :D hope you enjoy the pix

Last edited:
heres the final pic, I have added about 25 sps frags since this photo was taken. Thank to all of you gave me these nice frags :)

Last edited:
Thanks guys. plumbing is hiding behind the sump but its super simple, the manifold you see in the pic takes the water to the sump, 2 Iwaki's take it back to DT

Nice.

What do you use to seal the plywood?

Can you scrape off the algae later on or does that take off the coating?

And what did you seal the glass with?

So I take it the wood sealant wont seperate the wood glass seal?

How HUGE is your sump/future grow out tank??

How is that skimmer doing as it seems to be mounted so high ? Any reason why it's ontop of the sump other than in case it runs wild it could drain into the sump?

:)

Paul

hey paul,

plywood is painted with 3 coats of a food grade 2 part epoxy from Benjamin Moore.
glass is silicones to the back of the front oppening, the silicone creates a nice gasket.
I've never tried to scrape the sides or the tank.
sump is a another plywood tank which I made 5 years ago. its a 100 gallon long.
I just ran out of room for the skimmer. it is doing great :D

So the black paint is actually an epoxy!

That other 100 looked/looks bigger to me Very good.

very nice!!! how much did the epoxy cost you? if you don't mind me asking... i love the black color!!!! i have been contimplating a plywood tank for a long time and when i checked on the epoxy it was a lot...

Back