300 gallon TRUVU CUSTOM

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Why the tubing joined into the plumbing neck?
How many holes per unit?
Why different size holes?
How long to drill them?
Can I see a pic of the drilling jig?
Are you running out of colors?

Great to see progress!!

Could you please send me a link to your motorizes ball valve? How many gph will it handle? What is the duration of its rotation?

I will go back thru your last post again and see what else I can dig out of ya!!! LOL

Wow....great build. I might hit you up for assistance with my next build, whenever I get around to it (that is if you don't mind ;D)

Why the tubing joined into the plumbing neck?
How many holes per unit?
Why different size holes?
How long to drill them?
Can I see a pic of the drilling jig?
Are you running out of colors?

Great to see progress!!

Could you please send me a link to your motorizes ball valve? How many gph will it handle? What is the duration of its rotation?

I will go back thru your last post again and see what else I can dig out of ya!!! LOL

MOJO has the motorized ball valve, mine will be used to shut down two of the four close loop pumps at night if wanted. I will post pics of them now that i can finish the manifold's. They are really heavy duty and neat looking not sure how they will work yet....hope real well.

The air line is hooked into a air bulkhead to use with air injection if wanted.
There are 50 to 70 holes depending on size and 360 degree barrel option.
* Each hole is drilled several times to get clean of burrs:(
Holes are two sizes because i found that ///,./,/,///,'''[[ with high flow.
It takes me about an hour to build one complete +-.
I will PM you next time i build one.....TOP SECRET...LOL
No way Krylon just came out with new colors....those were ordered BLACK.

Whats mine is your:)

WOW! Cannot wait to see how this all comes together. This has been one of the most interesting/entertaining build threads in some time, keep it up :popcorn: :peace:

Cheers, Todd

Here is MINI MO FLOW and his sidekick MINI MICRO MO FLOW 1/2" outlets:)

IMG_0452_zps262666ad.jpg

IMG_0446_zpsd10e5164.jpg

IMG_0447_zps6419c7fe.jpg

IMG_0448_zps6904bfeb.jpg

IMG_0449_zps39700a3f.jpg

IMG_0451_zpse810efb2.jpg

looking good....imo I would drill more holes, or better yet do a connect the dots sort of thing and really open up that bad boy and allow it to take in all the water it can.

looking good....imo I would drill more holes, or better yet do a connect the dots sort of thing and really open up that bad boy and allow it to take in all the water it can.

Thats what i am working on early test are showing the more holes it narrows the flow....so more holes less pull:)

Thats what i am working on early test are showing the more holes it narrows the flow....so more holes less pull:)

ah ha, I see! well then, here is an idea...that you prob already thought of though. what if you could adjust the size of the intake holes by using 2-3 slots cut into both an inner and outer sleeve...the same way a pvc pipe fits inside a coupler. both the coupler and pipe would have slots and as you rotated them the size of the slots would increase or decrease. if that explains it? ( now that i have a closed loop to plumb my wheels are tuning a bit too)

So is there a separate water line leading into the spinner from the back side? I dont understand the bell that it is sitting inside of.
Is your Idea that the arms on the spinner are going to pull water in thru the holes in the rear of the bell?
I am missing something here.
I really like the small ones.
How much flow are you planning to run thru the spinners?

Glad to see you are back on track!!! I was starting to feel cheated. LOL.... really...... LOL.. naw.......... maybe a bit.

So is there a separate water line leading into the spinner from the back side? I dont understand the bell that it is sitting inside of. I threaded pvc and screwed a 1/2" male x 1/2" fpt then screwed the spinner into that. The bell is just used as a housing....but i wanted flow through.
Is your Idea that the arms on the spinner are going to pull water in thru the holes in the rear of the bell? NO:)
I am missing something here. No
I really like the small ones. Thanks:)
How much flow are you planning to run thru the spinners? You know me as much as i can!

Glad to see you are back on track!!! I was starting to feel cheated. LOL.... really...... LOL.. naw.......... maybe a bit.
Never i just get side tracked easy:)

Sorry didn't see your post need to stop being lazy and update my build. Thanks for....not sure:)

If you wouldnt spend so much time slinging crap to us up here in The Great NorthWest. you would have plenty of time to PUT SOME WATER in your tank!!

Lorie has managed to to an entire build, add water, and still help fellow reefers in need here on RF.

Come on man BUCK up!

Last edited:
Small Update

Well its been awhile since I have updated my thread:) My build is coming along....lol I am still working on my close loop part of my build had it done using Reeflo BH 2700 pumps but chose to send them back. The reason was they are having a few problems with them when running on low and since mine would of been on low all night.....couldn't/didn't want to take a chance. So it was more research to find new pumps and finally have chosen to go with (4) Laguna Maxflo 2400 pumps this will match my Maxflo 4200 return pump.
I also found the perfect 5x3watt led bulbs for my pump stand ATS's they are the size of a .50 piece using Bridgelux leds. Each time I finish a little detail of something that first was a thought then taking the time to make it happen......for me its a big high. I had to redo some of the close loop plumbing and it came out even better than before making a true volume balanced close loop. Can't wait to fire 9600gph at it and see what it can do:)
Here is a shot of the little leds above ATS,

Attachments

• Reef Build 478.jpg
    Reef Build 478.jpg
    38.5 KB
Back