300 gallon TRUVU CUSTOM

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

can you elaborate on the "true volume balanced" closed loop and the led's above the ATS please? thanks!

Easy one first...lol I found a place on eBay that sells different watt led's both fixtures and bulbs. I am using the 5 x 3 watt red Bridgelux bulbs.
The new close loop plumbing.....in lieu of having two half round manifolds with pump's feeding it from one end. I am building a 8' long egg shaped manifold that has pumps feeding each way at the center. This will allow me to use 1, 2, 3, or 4 pumps with water coming out of each outlet while leaving no dead water in manifold. So lets say 1- 2400gph pump is on this would flow 300gph out each of 8 outlet's.....2 pumps = 600gph.....3 pumps = 900.....4 pumps = 1200gph minus head and friction.
This is the special wye's that allow me to do this: * I will post pictures of manifold asap I am waiting on a couple of parts.

Attachments

• special wye for close loop.jpg
    special wye for close loop.jpg
    3.8 KB
variable speed closed loop was something I thought of too late in the game for me. am waiting for large controllable variable speed DC pumps to be more available. Can't wait to see your plumbing on this one!

Yeah I am done with researching pumps I wanted to use something different(BUT GOOD:) I have already used Dolphins, and Reeflos on past build's and know they work well. I am on the fence with the DC pumps seems not that good with pressure needed for some installs. I believe Laguna 2400s is my choice but still thinking about Water Blaster 16000 x2 & Sicce HF 4200 x 2 so we just let the brain simmer for awhile:)
I think this manifold layout is a keeper already have changed it twice before on this build.

Been awhile since posting but the build goes on:)
Here is a few pics of different things I have been working on...........
My 6 outlet Flowwolf
HoseonFlowwolf003_zps0f750de4.jpg

MoFlowfanspray004_zps5b822275.jpg

MoFlowfanspray002_zps321538b8.jpg

Detailworkandskimmerairchamber009_zps81c6abee.jpg

RoyalEMOFLOWS002_zps9685f286.jpg

NewMOFLOWandCloseLoopoverflow002_zps98a90f4e.jpg

Many fun items will work to get my build thread up to date:):couch2:

The top picture is of my Flowwolf flow diverter which has six outlets....its like a Ocean Motion but has many different flow options. The options are controlled by a digital controller and runs at 3200gph being feed by a Reeflo Barracuda pump. A note on the pump it was put together by hand at Reeflo to make it as quite as possible running at low 30dbs:)
The other pictures are my final design with the MO FLOW accelerator outlets using 1 1/2" mpt pool inlets that come in many different flow pattern's too, now outlets can meet special needs areas of flow.
I have 14 outlets being powered by three pumps @ 13,000+-gph.

Thank You for the questions!

You have a nice system your video's and outlet has inspired me several times and lead to some cool DIY stuff:)
One nice detail of the new MO FLOW's is their size 3.5" x 2.5" while packing a lot of punch both accelerated and non. Now I am working with my two built on skimmers this has been fun with a lot of research not about skimming but with learn and finding custom parts. To recap I drilled both ends of my DT and am installing two 4" x 36" air driven skimmers that will be feeding from DT and they also act as a secondary close loop pump feed.
Here shows the area where skimmers will be installed* black acrylic will be install for added support and give a nice finished look to black back of DT.
DIYSkimmer003_zps29722275.jpg

Other side of DT:* Sorry for the dust:tsk:
DIYSkimmer001_zpsbd3b441e.jpg

DIYSkimmer004_zpse1551244.jpg

These are some nice skimmer tube support brackets that will look cool once installed:
Buildpics005_zpsc46eeedf.jpg

These are the skimmer combo air and pump feed chamber:
Detailworkandskimmerairchamber015_zps011e280f.jpg

Thanks,

Since I have eight different overflows wanted to make them blend and become part of the design:)
These are the two main close loop feed overflows installed on the back two bottom corners:
Detailworkandskimmerairchamber003_zpsc0a22e74.jpg

Detailworkandskimmerairchamber006_zps4ff1fdce.jpg

Detailworkandskimmerairchamber007_zps81553178.jpg

Detailworkandskimmerairchamber009_zps81c6abee.jpg

Thanks,

I am serioulsy going to make a point of seeing this in person once its all flowing and bubbling! Where in CA are you located?

Thanks man:) I will save you some money got me a nice HD video/camera will post several showing all its STUFF when running:)
My goal is water by April 20th that will make it a in the works three year build.........KRAZY:)
Someone who believes its the journey and not the destination THAT is the fun would understand a 3 year build?

The journey goes on.........lol

Bakersfield, California " Lakers" "Denver"......:humble:

The top picture is of my Flowwolf flow diverter which has six outlets....its like a Ocean Motion but has many different flow options. The options are controlled by a digital controller and runs at 3200gph being feed by a Reeflo Barracuda pump. A note on the pump it was put together by hand at Reeflo to make it as quite as possible running at low 30dbs:)
The other pictures are my final design with the MO FLOW accelerator outlets using 1 1/2" mpt pool inlets that come in many different flow pattern's too, now outlets can meet special needs areas of flow.
I have 14 outlets being powered by three pumps @ 13,000+-gph.

Thank You for the questions!

F in A Bud!!!
To go where no man has gone.
Impressive to say the least, and I havent even finished your new post series.

Spinner buddy old pale old friend.
We go back here on RF quite a ways. I admire your craftsmanship and your ability to think outside the box. You have my ut-most respect in these regaurds.
But I have to draw the line for the last comment of your previous post

DENVER!!! Are flippin out of your mind??? You know your fan base here following your build just hit rock bottom!!

Now I understand you are under a huge amount of stress to get water in this thing by April 20th. But that shouldnt effect your common sense about who the winners of the Super Bowl will be . Or at least who to cheer for.

GGGOOOOOOOOOOOOO HHHHHAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWKKKKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSS

HaHa I thought that would get some action...lol truth is I have enjoyed watching the Seahawks this year they are a great team:)
Gq3F2_zps06c01208.gif

Here is my XL skimmer cups from SC Aquariums....

Attachments

• Skimmer cups for air skimmers 003.jpg
    Skimmer cups for air skimmers 003.jpg
    47.6 KB
  • Skimmer cups for air skimmers 002.jpg
    Skimmer cups for air skimmers 002.jpg
    41.9 KB
So when is the superbowl anyway? I was watching on sunday and seen a bunch of comercials and Seahawks highlights....but no game!

So when is the superbowl anyway? I was watching on sunday and seen a bunch of comercials and Seahawks highlights....but no game!

Can you say BUTT KICK.....N........Best team won:)

I wanted to add a couple of extra overflows to my DT if needed but didn't want something big and bulking so these worked well. Those are the 1" seen in the pic also using the 2" one's for the built on air skimmer's inlets.

Attachments

• overflow small 004.jpg
    overflow small 004.jpg
    47.3 KB
Can you say BUTT KICK.....N........Best team won:)

I wanted to add a couple of extra overflows to my DT if needed but didn't want something big and bulking so these worked well. Those are the 1" seen in the pic also using the 2" one's for the built on air skimmer's inlets.

Is that official "Bronco's Orange"?

Back