300 gallon TRUVU CUSTOM

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ocean Motion and rockscape design working together as planned so that a plus. totally random current. Nothing settling behind rocks or sandbed ( sandbed in center only).

battling phospates/ coral lossses/ cyano/ hair algea. so that sucks but I'm at up side of all that now. seems the tanked wanted more time to age I guess. I'm evaporating 5 gallons a day so I uprgraded my rodi to an 8 stage to ensure purest water possible.

I have not updated my thread due to nuthing good to talk about! lol. man I love this hobby! my first tank NEVER gave the problems Iv'e had with this one, I'm gonna blame it on the what appeared to be really nice and clean, dry reefsaver rock they dig up from dry lake beds leaching phosphates....but I only because I need something to blame!

A couple of bend around the corner outlets:) I ordered 1/2" micro valves to install on bottom outlets this will allow tuning the same flow out both outlet's.
3/8" accelerators......
MicroMOFLOWs002_zpsea90b420.jpg

MicroMOFLOWs004_zps15df17d6.jpg

MicroMOFLOWs016_zps4f00b8b5.jpg

Will take some install picks once I receive micro valves.

Just jumped onto this KRAZY train, but damned if I do not see this incredible journey to it's fullest.

Excellent, inspiring work sir....thank you for sharing

Well 3 years 7 months build is getting closer...lol BUFFING TANK then fresh water test....
Here is some final item's with lighting and pumps.
Lighting:
(2) ReefBrite 400 watt MHs with (4) 15" ReefBrite LEDs powered by new ICE CAP 400 watt HQI ballast.
(1) 36" CEBU SUN dual 250 watt MH's with (4) 36" T5's powered by new BLUE WAVE 7 HQI ballast.
(2) Dart's Baldor motors close loop.
(1) Barracuda Baldor motor main system.
(1) MaxFlo 4200 gph control center pump.
(1) Dart Baldor motor aka Back Up.
300DT002_zps91f80b3f.jpg

300DT003_zps60b883cd.jpg

300DT004_zps23e96b6d.jpg

300DT006_zpsaf3c89f5.jpg

300DT007_zps06a1ec23.jpg

300DT005_zps18ed1825.jpg

300DT008_zpse4fd68d1.jpg

April 20th has long since past.......... Big ****in Deal!!
This so much worth the wait.

Good things come to those who wait!!!!

April 20th has long since past.......... Big Flippin Deal!!
This is so much worth the wait.

Good things come to those who wait!!!!

Well the wait is almost over couldn't/wouldn't start it up with no new contract. No new contract meant I would be moving back to Hermosa Beach BUT things worked out and I am getting the best contract yet...Wahooooooooooo:) Hope to sign within two weeks then its PARTY TIME. Build time to date...3 years 6 months

Loving the colors! Borderline insanity :) Reminds me of a cool Google datacenter picture, where all pipes are color coded. Check it out:

google-datacenter-tech-10.jpg

That is really cool thanks for sharing:) In 1999 I was hired to run a 150 million dollar a year construction company. There was so much paperwork from all the different departments I was overwhelmed at first. I ordered pink, green, blue, yellow, and light orange paper giving each department their own color. White paper was to be used on legal documents only within a short period of time it was very easy to follow and find needed items when looking in files. It worked so well that we gave a each tract their own color and even had our labors work shirts match those colors.

OK glad that's over did inside and out ready to put together:)
BuffedTank001_zpsfa8e9099.jpg

BuffedTank002_zps662d489f.jpg

BuffedTank004_zpsb0b79b0b.jpg

BuffedTank006_zps4c34949a.jpg

BuffedTank008_zpsbdeb333a.jpg

Another note received a call from Macro Rock my (5) XL pillars are ready...they weight 150lbs. and each one requires it own box. They are between 18" and 22" height and will be the only rock I use, besides what comes with mother colonies. Will post pick's soon")

Thanks for the update Spinner.
Looks like it WILL see water in the NEAR future.
This has been a LOOOONNGG very interesting, complex,inspiring,well planed, dry build.
Lets get it wet!!!

Back