Salsakings new 700 gallon jaccuzi! lol 700 Gallon Reef system

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Salsaking

Salsa soon in Safeway!!
Hey everyone it has began! Eric and Jason are currently working on the 700 gallon tank, hood, and retrackable lighted hood that will consist of 8 luminarc's. Should be a sight!! I will start off with pictures when the tank arrives.

All new plumbing! Everything! This thing is going to be a beast! Eric at www.veralteaquatics.com has been the cordinator of the project as he does this for a living! Anyway if you all have any questions let the thread begin!!

Take care all!:D

tank

I am thinking this should be for some rare spieces like a manatee or baluga I mean possibly 3 or 4 otters and some seals could be added later... Cant wait to see it.. should be sweeeet

Oh wow 700g man that is a giant! I can't wait to see this come along and yeah what are the dems. on that monster?

Are you planning on allowing guests to don mask and snorkel so they can clean the glass for you?

Yes I beleive it is 96"x54"x30". And yes we should have some fun with a tank and water before i stock it! That would be hilarious dont you all think!

Anyway the pictures will come early this week!

It will be a steel stand and cherry wood! The top will go up and down with a push of a button! We are going to start of with 6 19.5 luminarcs with a new air cooled device to keep each light cool! Should be pretty cool! Going to start with Frags! I'm not going to buy one colony! Going to go the patient way this time! If anyone wants to donate a frag or two Im thinking that I will have plenty of room for a few frags!:)

Anyway, I will give you more info when I have it!

Salsaking,

Being I have a recent client of Jason and Eric, you will absolutely love the work they do. Top notch !!!

Now, what do you plan on keeping in the giant beast of a tank?? Have you thought about a livestock and coral list??? :D

Kirk

Nice looking system Kirk! You know, Im just not in a hurry this time! I finally put a 225 gallon system at home for the first time in my life! Pretty cool! Anyway, Fish and corals have not even been a thought for me now! I'm such a mechanical type person that Im looking more forward to the plumbing and lighting side of this project. And yes, Eric and Jason make wonderfull tanks. The AIP tanks couldnt suck any more! I'm going to have Eric do all of the plumbing and lighting! I'm not touching a thing this time! Eric also did my plumbing at home!

Anyway, I definetly will ask for some help when it comes to lifting the beast throught the office! We are going to have to remove the top and bottom glass panes to get the beast in! Anyway thank you all for the feed back!

I look forward to seeing you all soon!

salsaking

hey Eric will that be running in time for the June sweepstakes? I mean picnic?

We'd all love to see it at the picnic, right everyone?;););););)

yes! It will be setup by the end of this month. June would be fine. Let me know and keep me up to date. Ps. Was my donation big enough this last summer to be listed as a sponsor?? It would be cool to be a PDAs sponsor. Have a good one.

Last edited:
Salsaking,

Eric and Jason did all of my plumbing (including the WC automation under the crawl space), and it was a work of art !!!

I love the fact that I can do a 30 gallon water change in 10 mins (and with out ever lifting a bucket)

:D

Kirk

Great!

Of course we recognize you as a sponsor!! We will have to get the computer helper to add that info to our site!!

So mark your calendar for the third Saturday.... June 21st at Penny's Salsa for the PSAS fund raising picnic as well as checking out Eric's new beast!!

700 gallon Project..

Hay all, thanks for all the kind words Eric. Yes it's going to be one heck of a tank. Big props for Jason @ Clear Fabrications for building this thing. I know it's going to be a handfull to get preped, machined and built. Also a big thanks for for the Steel stand that will table this thing. Clear Fabrications came through on that as well... The tank is 96x56x30 and will be something amazing for sure. I'll start dropping some pics so everyone can keep up with all the work...Thanks again

Eric Dustin: Owner
Veralte Aquatics

Hey Eric do you think that they are going to paint the stand? Damn, that thing is huge! Look at it in comparison to the garage door!

Look great!

Eric,

Congrats for the new project. I am already amazed on your previous tank, now this should be an awe. I want to donate a frag for you but unfortunately mine is not worth collecting. Im sure that you will have a very beautiful collection of rare species in your tank and cant wait to see the setup. I bet Paul is helping you again like before, so this will be another sight to see.

NO it wont be painted. It's getting coated with a polly-resin to guard against rust and damage. I'll drop some pics as soon as it comes back from the finish guy.. :)

Back